touchy subject

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jul 17, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

well I had this coughing virus thing 2wks ago.and better but still hacking up phlegm.
    but my real problem is gas,I have this feeling of a tight band around my middle right under my boobs it feels hard to breath but then when I belch it feels better , its driving me crazy.

thought it is my I.B.S. so I started on that new activia yogurt,and I felt like it was helping ,but i woke up at 4:30 this moring and I had to get up, feel like I"m being straggled around my mid section, and if I belch then I feel better, any suggestions. sixtyslady
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

sixtyslady:

If you belch and you feel better, maybe you have a GI problem. "Gas" can be horrible in itself.

Have you approached it from that angle?

nyrofan
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"ve had evry kind of G.I. test that they do I was told its I.B.S,
    Its just so hard to do anything when you feel like this.
    I just thoought maybe someone else would have had some of the same symtoms . thanks sixtyslady
  4. twerp

twerp New Member

One evening, just sitting quiety, I suddenly felt as if I couldn't breathe. Like there was a tight band around my chest, right under the boobs, as you say. Nearly called 911.

I've seen several Dr's, and had these tests done: EKG, ultrasound of abdomen, blood (pancreas), cardiac stress test, echocardiogram, hida scan (gall bladder), endoscopy, x-rays of chest/back, CT scan of chest.

You guessed it. All negative. The Dr says it's due to stress. The problem still remains.

I deal with it by taking extra Klonopin and Gas-X. Also, doing more exercise, as the Doc says that may help reduce stress. So far, not much improvement. All I can say is that it does not panic me as much as it used to.

Hope you find some answers,
    Twerp
  5. tejanya

tejanya New Member

i use lactolase. it goes straight to colon where the gas is. it also helps with ibs probs. the only prob is....the gas passes within a few hours and there is no stopping it.
    my dr gave it to me. don't know if script is needed or not. i now use it about every week or so.