Tough Week

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sachmo, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Sachmo

Sachmo New Member

I live in the Philadelphia area. This last week has been heck. I've had a full blown flare for 3 days.

I just felt that my skin was being ripped off my body. I don't think I've ever had so much pain. After a while I stopped taking pain meds. I think when it gets so bad they don't help

It has threatened to rain for several days and when it start raining in enerst than I felt better.

Also I have a sinus infection that I am on anti-biotics for.

Does anyone else get flares from the weather. What do you do when you are in so much pain that you are afraid you are going to live?

I found I took a lot batsh with lanvender. It would help for a short time. But then it was back to Mack truck runing over me.

I was wondering if anyone sluted out what causd their gretest flares and what you did for them

Thanx
    Sue
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

than I do from rain or snow, etc. I'm in a flare right now and have had to take pain meds 3 x today. Still in a flare, but there is nothing else for me to take or do.

Mine is the upper body flare. I try to take my mind off of myself and do or research something else. I'm going to order some books for myself that don't have anything to do with health or illnesses.

For me, doing physical things like cleaning or carrying heavy things will put me in a flare. Also a lot of antibiotics will put me in a flare.

I don't know what pain meds you take, but perhaps they aren't strong enough.

I wonder if the antibiotic you are taking is what is putting you in more pain? I just got over a bladder infection last month and the Levaquin after about 3 days on it, put me in a flare until I finished my 10 days of it. Doc said he thought it was just me. I never had flares from antibiotics until I got FMS.

I don't know what to tell you to do but maybe a heating pad would help.

Hope you feel better.

Hugs,
    Faye