Toxic metal chelation: Round 8 ALA only...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AllWXRider, Feb 26, 2007.

1. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I decided to use only Alpha Lipoic Acid for chelation on this round. Dr. Cutler says its OK to use it instead of DMSA. I used 50mg every 3 hours for 2.5 days. This was the nicest chelation round ever! The hard part was getting up every 3 hours at night.

ALA is real good at chelating Arsenic and Antimony. Lead and cadmium to a lesser degree. ALA chelates intra-celluar.

During the rest cycle is the time to evaluate any good changes and I can't report anything right now. Per the Yahoo forum: Adult Metal Chelation, most ppl don't feel much of a change until 9~20 rounds. My short term memory has improved.

I know from a hair analysis test that I have Lead, Cadmium, Antimony & Arsenic. So, I chelate in hope of curing my CFS for good!

On my next round, I'm going to try DMSA (12.5mg) + ALA 25mg, both at the lowest dose and see how bad things are. Dr. Cutler says that the combination works the best if the patient can tolerate it.

Since Lead weakens the immune system, I'm hoping that if I can remove enough of it, that my white blood cells will kick into gear and start fighting Epstein-Barr and cytomegalo virus plus whatever else I now have.
  2. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

It is very interesting that you are taking this approach to recover from CFS. I think it gives us another perspective on how to treat the disease.

Drs. Cheney and DeMeirleir also believe heavy metal toxicity is a factor in some subsets of the disease. Their protocols for chelation may differ, but it is interesting to hear of your experiences.

I decided to do the chlorella detox, a la Dr. Cheney. 1 capsule a day for several months, then gradually building up. It will take 2 years, but I am fighting CFS on other fronts as well. Hopefully, the combined approach will do the trick.

Thanks for sharing.

CherylSue
  3. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I believe that dental amalgams have been the source of my problems all my life. However, now my adrenals are barely producing any cortisol, and I have decided to try to build them up before having the amalgams removed and starting chelation. I'm thinking that the removal/chelation might do me in if I don't do that first. On the other hand... Any ideas on this? Marie
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Erik: Mold spores are everywhere. I remember the HS Biology experiment whereas you open a sterile Petri dish with the nutrient Agar in it, open for 30 seconds and close it up for the incubator and over the weekend: WOW...cool! Lots of stuff growing. Weaken a person's immune system though and he's a dead man.

SpringRose: As long as you have mercury leaching into your system, your adrenals will be working overtime to keep your body alive. I think getting them removed will the first step in getting well. Lead & Mercury weaken the immune system, so any virus or mold that comes along gets you good, and takes out the adrenals along with it.

Dr. Andrew Cutler has an entire Yahoo forum dedicated to Adult Metal chelation. 90% of it deals with Mercury toxicity.
  5. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I've read that Black Mold is real bad stuff. It can grow in anyone's home who has a moisture problem. Penicillin comes from mold.

I realize that you're the MoldWarrior. What kind of mold might you be looking for? I see that Home Depot sells a UV light that kills pathogens like mold in the AC condensate unit. It sells for ~$120. My dad is a retired building engineer. The AC condensate unit is dark, wet and fed with dust: perfect conditions for growing stuff. The real danger is when the heating season comes about, the premordial soup is heated up and very rapidly grows making spores. It was the cause of "Legionaire's disease".

I clean my unit out each fall with Hydrogen Peroxide H2O2. It foams up real good and produces oxygen as a byproduct.