Toxic people

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lin21, Jun 6, 2006.

1. lin21

lin21 New Member

Boy, oh boy I don't know why this surprised me, I cannot beleive how bad people are capable of being but this one hit me right between the eyes.
    A so called "friend" took such bad advantage of me and the bottom line was her husband was too cheap to pay for a dinner at a school gathering that she used me to block the table where they were taking the tickets so he can run past.
    Unbelieveable!!!
    And guess who was the first in line when they put out the food!!!
    My husband has been warning me about them for awhile and boy was he right. I cannot believe how vulnerable I was and how evil they are!!!
    Needless to say I want nothing to do with her or him ever again and I have to get out of real sticky situation now because she has been driving my daughter to school. Anyone have any ideas how I should handle it? My therapist said confront her and end it, my husband said just end it , she knows what she did.
    And this is the guy that's worried about me being on disability. They are so phoney , they think I'm faking it like they do!!!
  2. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I would just say that you no longer wish to carpool with this person because you don't feel like continuing any type of relationship with her due to the fact that they used you to get a free meal and they are always questioning your medical issues and that is not what a friend would do. Put a stop to it now.

TxSongBird
  3. lin21

lin21 New Member

That's what I want to do and will do. My husband never likes confrontations, I don't have to make a big deal, short and sweet and ADIOS. I'm just mad that they took advantage of my vulnerability when I first got sick and was uncapable, I let them in my home and my life and I reqret that so much. I learned a very very valuable lesson.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I would honestly just tell them the truth. That what they did was illegal and it made you feel very uncomfirtable to be coerced into aiding and abetting them. I would also suggest that they tell the school they "forgot" to pay, and that they should pay. Tell her that unless you see the situation remedied then you feel uncomfortable keeping her as a friend.

Best to be honest, give people a chance to reform. If she takes offense then just say, Well I got my answer. And walk away(or hang up.)

Love Anne C
  5. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi Annie,

Thanks for your advice but I think this is the last time. They have done things in the past that I have overlooked but this was the icing on the cake and just really proved my husband right. I don't need friends that bad, I would rather be alone.
    I want this to end .