Toxic Relationships PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, May 8, 2006.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I see so many of you here that have these horrible, toxic relationships with people in your lives, and today, and if only for today, I hope you have the strength to change that.

I had people like that in my life, and they were making me so much sicker. Some were people at my last job, some were family members. I finally had the strength to take a stand for myself and my health and eliminate them.

Oh, sure, a few more will pop up from time to time. But I am more serene, and feeling better, so much better without their stress adding to my overload on my already taxed nervous system.

It breaks my heart to see y'all suffer at the hands of these selfish, uncaring people. I feel your pain all too much. The problem is, they don't feel your pain at all. My sister was a passive-aggressive. She would have big dinners at her house and then have loud, blasting music & games going when she knew it bothered me. Her take on it was "well, a little once in awhile shouldn't be a problem, why can't you enjoy yourself?" I haven't seen or spoken to her now in 1 1/2 years, and she lives in the same city.

Since our awareness day is coming up, PLEASE make these people aware of what they do to you, and if they don't CARE about how that makes you feel, then maybe that needs to be your first clue.

Kinda like the book "He's Just Not That Into You". Many people are self absorbed, but the damage they do to people with this DD is uncalled for. Make them aware, and if they won't stop, dump them! This life is short, and I cannot believe that we are here to be in abusive relationships. There has to be higher ground.

Your friend
    Bunny
  2. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

Stress is the main thing that sends me into a CFS flare. Talk about post-exertional fatigue!

The most important change I have made in my life is avoiding toxic people and situations.

Whew, what a relief!

Roseblossom
  3. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

And that's what's worse. That it goes on, and our health suffers at the hands of these people.

I want this year to be better for everyone. That there is more inner peace and healing. That we can finally let go of these burdensome idiots that plague us and drag us down further.

I think that a lot of us are more sensitive people to begin with, and we have let the hurts bottle up inside. I know I do. I still do.
  4. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I actually had a doctor tell me that I would NEVER be healthy or happy if my future ex didn't stop blaming me for ruining his life when I got sick.

She was right.

That's ONE reason I'm getting divorced! :)

julie (is free!)

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt
  5. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

And hooray, Julie! You got out and now you're free to live your life in ways that will help you feel better.

Well done!

Roseblossom
  6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I've tracked my beginnings of brain chemistry imbalance back to childhood living w/dysfunctional parents.

And then I continued on to become a psychological counselor & continued to "take on" toxicity.

When they did a brain map on me, it showed that I had way too much alpha waves (flight/fright) ones that they're linking to all kinds of illnesses. And this is caused by stressors of all types. And we also tend to lack GABA & serotonin which are our brain's "off" switches.

So, yes, we need to protect ourselves. My neurofeedback is slowly getting me back into balance. And I'm taking 5HTP to get my serotonin "up", so I don't stress as much.

LIGHT***********carole