Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ljimbo42, Feb 1, 2012.

1. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Active Member

Hi, I haven't posted here in a while. I'm wondering if anyone else has had improvements from detoxing herbs like dandelion root,burdock root etc, and/or juicing to rid the body of toxins. I started dandelion root and burdock root a few weeks ago,at a pretty large dose of 6 grams a day. Within a week or so I had a definite energy increase. Also I went from needing 10 hours of sleep a night to needing only 8. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Jim
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Jim,

Congrats on feeling better with your detoxing treatments!

You could try taking some phytosterols, too. They attach to and remove fat-soluble toxins. I felt better the same day I tried them.

3. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Active Member

Hi Forebearance,

Thanks for the phytosterol tip. Have you had much luck with detoxing?

I still have a lot of days where I'm in a fog and very tired,but they don't last nearly as long as they did. In fact a lot of days now I'm only tired and in a fog for a few hours, then it lifts, I have more energy and a clearer head much more often.
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Several years ago I had a problem with toxins in my liver and dandelion tea helped, along with milk thistle and lemon juice in my water. I ended up doing a major liver detox with supps from my chiropractor, and my digestion improved a lot afterwards. He gave something called Parotid and Cholacol II from Standard Process. This was also when I learned I needed to take digestive enzymes with hydrochloric acid (the enzymes alone weren't enough) for my digestion - it all helped.

It's really nice to hear you're feeling so much better! When my liver was toxic, it was very draining plus made me tired, mentally sluggish etc. So it makes sense you're feeling better.

Best wishes,