TPBM {The person below me game} PART 4

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Jan 14, 2010.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

To pick up where Beadlady left off...

She wrote:
    TPBM likes to wear slippers
    PS should we start a PART 4 of this topic?
    I think it is still fun.

SO do I, so-- here is part 4! Funny to look back over how it evolves depending on season/weather, etc!

Yes, I love wearing slippers... even better I like to go barefoot whenever possible around the house. Despite some falling arches, I seem to need to go bare at least for a bit, LOL!

Altho the need apparently is only in my feet, I'm sure everyone in my family has always been happy about that, LOL!

TPBM is thinking about spring flowers....

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

not achually. When I was a kid in Minnesota my mother used to fight
    the winter blues by getting out her seed catalogs and dreaming of

But here in California, we don't have much in the way of seasons. The flowers
    bloom all year. Spring does bring flowering trees though. The jacarunda
    trees are especially beautiful. Clouds of lavender.

TPBM has marched in a parade.

3. Juloo

Juloo Member

Well, in part...

I'm thinking of spring because in the last couple of days there have been thousands of robins in the oak trees around our house making lots of noise and scaring the heck out of my cat.

I'm thinking of flowers because my camelia bush (which blooms in winter) still doesn't have very big buds. I think it was warm so late this year that it is a little bit behind. They're beautiful when they do open -- a deep, hot pink.

TPBM has something special to do for the MLK 3-day weekend...
  4. keke466

keke466 New Member

I have no plans,just working like always.
    TPBM sells or uses Avon. I do. We also played this on the Avon boards and it's interesting what we all came up with.
  5. rockgor

there's a kawinkydink for you. Only 2 days ago I was asking Gordon if
    the still have Avon Ladies. He said they do, but they no longer go
    door to door.

He usually has at least one in his office. We buy deodorant and some kind
    of Avon lotion.

I used to go door to door. Half a century ago I sold encyclopedias.
    I 'spect the internet has made encyclopedia salesmen as scarce as
    elevator operators.

TPBM can type 50 words per minute.

6. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I used to sell Avon too, I quit about 5 yrs ago--just about the time the on-line "personal stores" were starting. I sold Avon for about 15 years. I've thought about trying it again now that I know more people online than I do in person.

If I'm lucky I can type 30-35 worlds per minute.

TPBM has a TV in their bedroom

***Thanks Victoria for starting PART IIII****[This Message was Edited on 01/18/2010]
  7. lynncats

lynncats New Member

yep, we sure do have a tv in our bedroom..... trying to quit smoking......?
  8. rockgor

I quit smoking five years ago. But I never smoked enough to
    matter much. Pack a week. I was a social smoker. It's easy to quit if
    smoking is a habit rather than a chemical addiction.

TPBM had something funny happen on Prom night.

9. victoria

victoria New Member

Cigarette & cigar smoke both gave me headaches, notwithstanding the fact I grew up with an entire family smoking... never had an incentive to even try. However my DH liked to smoke a pipe, and I really liked the fragrance (plus no headache). Must be the processing and/or 'stuff' in it!

Funny thing on prom night? Not sure if this qualifies but ... Last minute we decided to go ghost hunting instead. My BF and I used to go to cemeteries and take a few minutes worth of exposure at a time to see what we'd get. Actually got something interesting, but of course I lost the photo :( I thought it was fun to do, not creepy, btw. What does that say about me, lol...

TPBM is having something yummy for dinner tonight that s/he didn't have to make!

10. sues1

sues1 New Member

Warm breezes....sitting on the patio......yes I have been thinking of that.

I also love to go in my barefeet......only put on socks in the right now I am in my stocking feet......

TPBW is thinking of being able to cook out on the grill and eat outside.......and watch for squirrels and birds....(I guess that is me-LOL-was just thinking of getting the Hummingbird feeders out).
  11. sues1

sues1 New Member

I clicked on to the new TPBM by Victoria, nothing else was there, just I answered that one (her first).....and now I see where there was many postings before me....that was not there before.....EERIE.......Am I losing it also?
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

I still have problems with the same thing because of that ad that PH runs below the first post of every page -

And now they are breaking the threads into pages, and after the first post of every page is that stupid bar ad, making it more confusing.... must be why they HAVE switched to pages now instead of one long thread, = more ads. I really don't like it at all, since I'm still confused sometimes even after a whole year! grrrr...

by the way tho, Sues1, did you get to have something yummy tonight to eat?

TPBM also hates this 'feature'....

LOL you can tell I'm in a great mood tonight!

13. sues1

sues1 New Member

Actually I had strip steak.....Mediterranian (SP?) veggies, baked potato with both butter and sour cream and first we had onion rings......we ate out....LOL. No room for dessert....

I really like the TPBM feature....and usually eat well as long as DH is around......

TPBM also does not like to iron and blesses wash and wear clothing....Susan
  14. rockgor

My whole world has gone goofy the last few years.

The post I was typing a little while ago just went poof! Vanished like the
    Wicked Witch of the West.

The irony is that I was typing it as an email. I then copy and paste to transfer
    it here. This reduces the risk of the message disappearing, but apparently
    nothing can eliminate the risk entirely.

Between the vagaries of the cyber world and Alzheimer's, I am in a state of
    befuddlement much of the time. A pair of reading glasses vanished a few days
    ago. I am still hoping they will turn up. In the meantime I have looked in
    the likely places like the medicine cabinet and the refrigerator.

Oh, wait, you said "iron", not irony. Well, I remember getting out of school and
    getting a job and having to iron white shirts. Then the first wash and wear materials
    came along. They didn't require ironing, but they didn't look so good either.
    Now I guess it's been decades since I ironed a shirt. Viva science and technology.

TPBM doesn't like spinach, even if it does have iron in it.

15. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Rock, I can't stnad spinach, but my DH loves it. He'll even eat it right out of a can....cold, YUCK.

TPBM....lives in the wst coast?
  16. Juloo

Juloo Member

Somehow way up there I didn't answer your statement, "TPBM has marched in a parade". So I owe you!

Rockgor -- I have marched in more parades than I care to count. Five years of marching band in high school (plus eighth grade) times five Mardi Gras parades a year, plus one homecoming parade a year (those are the short ones)...I'm figuring at least 30 parades. Unfortunately, many of them behind a mounted unit -- on the good side, I'm remarkably able to see horse manure in peripheral vision! Lots of stories there....!

As to Sues1 -- it would be more accurate to say that my husband is thinking of being able to cook out on the grill and eat outside, and I'm the one watching for squirrels and birds. Our old grill has really bitten the dust, so dh has promised to get a new one in the next month. As to the wildlife, this past week we had our first flocks of robins coming in, stripping the berries off the bushes, and screeching all over the place!

TPBM has spent a day on a nude beach....!

Edit: Oh no, I did it again! (I'm not used to this pages feature!) As to coasts, I live about as far from the west coast as I can...I live in Florida, and on the east coast of that!

And P.S. I love to iron. AND I love spinach, even from the can. I do hate, though, when cooked spinach juice gets in other things on the plate.[This Message was Edited on 01/22/2010]
  17. victoria

victoria New Member

I have NEVER spent a day on a nude beach. However one time we visited the Padre Islands off of Texas. I was walking with my 2 kids who were maybe 8 & 12 at the time... some poor guy wanted an all-over tan and thought he was 'alone' in between the dunes. Surprise, he wasn't. Not sure who was more surprised, lolol, him or my kids...

But I've seen plenty of nudes in life drawing classes, I just don't pose myself LOL. (Actually it pays quite well and is harder than it looks)

Juloo - I saw a 'how-to' about how to use your steam iron to cook tamales! (true story, wish I'd saved that link LOL)

Sues1 - what I was talking about - and still confuses me when I'm really fatigued - is the ad bar below the original post. Now that threads are broken into pages, it also appears below the first post on that page (increasing the number of times we get to see PH's ad).

I was just saying that that ad placing continually confuses me... I often think there's no other responses and reply as if there have been none as well....

then again, sometimes things are really screwed up here as we all know too well. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

TPBM sticks to what they start until they finish....

PS: Rock I had a friend who sold Encyclopedias in the 1970s!

[This Message was Edited on 01/22/2010]
  18. rockgor

Sometimes I stick and sometimes I don't. I think that is the sensible
    approach to life. Of course, if you'd rather have adventure, romance and

Anyway, I took guitar lessons for a couple months, but discovered I didn't
    have the necessary dexterity, so I quit. On the other hand, I worked and
    went to night school off and on for six years. Then, after working 6 years
    as an attorney, the DD got me and I had to quit.

But there was at least a nice symmetry to it all.

Lynncat, Gordon sometimes makes a light soup w/ chicken broth, a little
    rice and chopped spinach. If it wants to make it hardier, he adds small
    meatballs made of pork.

Juloo, I marched in lots of parades too. Believe me, I marched better than I

TPBM has thought about getting something pierced, but always decides not to.

19. lynncats

lynncats New Member

well I thought about it for years, and then did get a piercing in my left ear, on the top, and guess what triggered skin cancer, had to have surgery to remove a piece of my ear, now I wish I'd never done it. LEAVE IT TO ME, LOL.

TPBM.....watched the grammy's last night.
  20. rockgor

Nope, didn't watch the grammy's. In fact, I've never watched the grammys. I
    wonder if they started broadcasting them just recently. I'm so old they
    didn't have grammys when I was young.

Fight4aCure posted the names of some of the folks up for awards. The only
    one I had heard of was Andrea Bocelli, the blind tenor. I read he appeared in
    an opera by Massenet. The mezzo soprano held his hand and subtly led
    him around the stage.

I got my ear pierced years ago at the Rose Bowl. There's a huge swap meet
    there on weekends. I've heard of piercings becoming infected, but didn't know
    they could result in cancer. That sounds pretty scary.

TPBM has been to the Rose Bowl. Or, if not, owns an old fashioned bowl
    w/ roses painted on it.