TPBM {The person below me game} PART III

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Hi all

Now we are starting part III of this game.

TPBM has written out the Christmas cards for this year
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

How's by you?

Haven't sent any cards this year. For several years I sent two cards
    and half a dozen e mails. Now I'm down to sending just one card.
    Haven't gotten around to it yet though.

TPBM used to knit a lot, but hasn't been doing much lately.

3. victoria

victoria New Member

I used to want to learn to knit, but not so much now. Does that count, LOL?

I am only writing/sending 2 Christmas greetings via snail mail this year, and only one present, as I'm only ready with the 2 most important in time to send back with a friend who's returning to the states for the holidays... so the rest will get emails. Anyway, all my cards are buried deep in storage, have no idea where they are, and have no energy to find out. They don't sell them here it seems!

I've a feeling I'll be doing well to just hang a string of Christmas lights on top of our fireplace and cut some cedar boughs, LOL... I wanted to make some kind of alternative Christmas tree, but, I think the above idea will have to be it. My DH doesn't care anyway, I'm the only one who does, and we'll be basically alone for the first time ever, so the $5 string of lights I bought today is really just for 'me', LOL!

BTW, I'm not really depressed about it...
    I think I'm happy that there's no real fuss that I have to do for the first time in a long time.
    Altho we do wish we could see our kids and visit THEM for Christmas, lol!

TPBM is going somewhere "exotic" (IE, very different from where you live permanently) for the holidays...?

4. Juloo

Juloo Member

About the most exotic place we'll be going this year is a Cracker Barrel halfway to my mother-in-law's house somewhere along the interstate! Our immediate family will be at home for the actual holiday, but we'll meet some other family half-way to exchange gifts a day or two after.

Okay -- TPBM can recite 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' from memory!
  5. jole

jole Member

Okay, on a really, really good day I could. After raising 5 children and reading that for so many years I knew it by heart. Today....not so much! Tomorrow,

When I was a kid, my mom made taffy a few years for Christmas. I remember us kids (after dad went to bed) having so much fun pulling taffy. One of the few good memories! We had it stringing criss-cross the kitchen and laughing because it was getting all mixed together with each others as we pulled. One thing I never did with my kids.....:(

TPBM has at least once pulled taffy........
  6. rockgor

We used to make taffy when I was a kid. To enhance the enjoyment,
    we frequently used food coloring. Ever have blue taffy?

My mother was a great candy maker. Made fudge, divinity, penuche,
    and something that was sort of half candy and half cookie. I think
    it involved pouring chocolate over chow mein noodles.

Well, it was better than it sounds.

TPBM has trouble typing "TPBM."

7. lynncats

lynncats New Member

I always have to go back and fix it, lol, usuall comes out TBPM. having christmas dinner at their house?
  8. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I'm not sure what the plans are for Christmas dinner. Our friends that we gather with on Thanksgiving generally go to another family's house for Christmas and there isn't room for us too. I think last year they stopped here for dessert before they headed home.

I would love to have the gang over for Christmas and have a seafood dinner of fish, shrimps, clam chowder & maybe some crabs--if they are not too expensive.
  9. rockgor

The person above me didn't make a statement about the person below
    her. How Ya doin', EP? Haven't seen you for a while.

The Person below me has a second toe longer than the big toe.

(HaHa! I do.)

10. victoria

victoria New Member

good thing we all understand each other's ways here!

Nope, mine isn't... actually I have a bit shorter than average fingers/toes, was told it was hereditary tho my parents' were normal... left wondering which relative I got that from!

TPAM (The Person Above Me) has an excellent wit!

TPBM loves winter better than summer. (Is that possible?)

11. Juloo

Juloo Member

It is most definitely possible to love winter more than is such a relief for me. But you should factor in that I am in Florida, so summer is 3/4 of the year. 'Winter' is just NOT summer. About every 20 years, it snows, so maybe this year. I would love it. 'Winter' means our energy bills go waaaaaaay down (believe it or not, the AC actually went on today by itself, meaning that it was warm enough to trigger our pre-set 'on' temp. But all that aside, I am a different person in cold weather -- alert, functioning clearly, etc. My brain works then!

TPBM grew up playing a musical instrument.
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

After hearing so much about the big snow storms etc, I completely was not thinking about anyone in the very south, much less Florida LOL! Yes, I love winter in Florida too, LOL!

So... Juloo's TBPM still applies...
  13. lynncats

lynncats New Member

only if the Recorder, remember them, counts.

TPBM has made there new years resolution................
  14. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

No New Years Resolutions--yet

TPBM has their Christmas tree decorated
  15. lynncats

lynncats New Member

no, too many cats, LOL

TPBM......likes football better than baseball..................
  16. Juloo

Juloo Member

Yes, of the two listed, I prefer football. Actually having football on television sort of glazes me over...but I get really involved if it is my college or old hometown teams! My husband watches so much that he gives me a 5-month calendar with the games he wants to watch listed on it, ranked with 1-5 stars, so I'll know if it's a good idea to interrupt him during the games or not! So the question for me is like saying I like cauliflower more than broccoli (I generally don't get so excited for either!)

TPBM not only knows what a kumquat it, but has eaten at least one, skin and all...

[This Message was Edited on 12/17/2009]
  17. victoria

victoria New Member

Yes I have eaten more than 1 kumquat skin & all, but only when it was cooked with some meat... loved the tangy-ness of it! But, funny, can't remember what kind of meat, maybe a ham?

LOL well I do get much more excited over broccoli than cauliflower, the latter tastes like it looks... like paper hehe.

OK.... TPBM has had more than enough 'learning experiences' with new technology... and is hoping to not get 'gifted' with any hehehe....

18. rockgor

I did sing in the shower when I was young. The shower room in the college
    dorm was tiled. Provided a great echo effect. But I had a mediocre voice
    so I always sang piano, not forte.

Would have loved to have been a great singer. Grand opera or grand ole
    opry. Either one. Alas, had no musical talent.

TPBM has a great talent. Doesn't like to brag about it though.

19. victoria

victoria New Member

and if I did say I had a 'great talent' at something...
    would that count as bragging?

LOL, what a conundrum.

OTHERS say I've very good at portraiture... does that count?

TPBM learned to sing in tune
    (they say it's possible, but I have my doubts - I can't sing either)
  20. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

One I can finally answer...yes! My singing has actually improved over time(@ least I think so!!) TPBM..still hangs their stocking up in hopes that St. Nick will apppear!