Traditional Medicines to Become Illegal in Europe

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AllWXRider, Nov 2, 2010.

1. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

"It sounds like a bad April Fool’s joke, but it’s not. On the first of April next year, thousands of products associated with traditional medicine will become illegal throughout the European Union."

Will it come to the USA? Bye bye ProHealth, Hello real high prices. All supplements will be controlled by MD < who will be controlled by ????.

What, you want St. John's Wort? Nope you get an AD or SSRI.

2. spacee

spacee Member

are actually studying the benefits of holistic type meds. Hawthorne berry for one. It's
    cheaper than drugs...those Germans can be really smart.

3. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

I have to admit... While the idea that I could be denied access to supplements that I need just to be able to barely function, is enough to make me want to just give up on life (yes I'm being dramatic.......I think), the idea that our supplements could

(1) be forced to uphold STANDARDS (instead of people have to recommend certain brands because all the others are crap), and

sounds delightful. I'm not sure how they'd go about it, but if they could figure out something in that sense, a lot of us could be a lot healthier because we'd actually be able to AFFORD these things through our regular prescription coverage. I know personally there are many things still that would benefit me but I cannot afford them because they are not Rx.

That said, this would destroy the lives of people who do not have health coverage, and according to the link kjm posted, many new herbal medicines would be taken off the market completely, not because they cause harm, but because they haven't been around long enough (30 years).

This is insane, considering the FDA immedaitely gives the OK for the newest prescription drugs to be passed, only to recall them a year later because everyone is dying from it... It seems only fair to allow the same standards to herbal medicine as pharmaceutical medicine, doesn't it? So, I disagree with that part.

Others would be taken away because they weren't a profitable-enough investment... I think that's just wrong, too, because just like Ampligen wasn't approved because it didn't help enough people, just because it's not widely used and/or beneficial to MOST people, doesn't mean the ones that DO take it don't heavily rely on it!

4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Vitamin C, which supplement company will pay to submit their product...none.

One of my daughter's nutritional PhD profs, "Most medical schools only require one course in nutrition for graduation" How sad!

Maybe we can convince Congress to up the med school nutritional coursework or mandatory CEU credits. Pharma runs most of the CEU stuff. If they want control, we can make them earn it.

Insurance as we know it, will become history under ObamaCare. No one in Congress has read the entire ?? 12 lbs of paper ??. I have not either. How will it cover supplements? Deductable and copay?

Dr. T told me that docs that test and treating for toxic metals can risk getting their license yanked by Medical Boards, will they yank for too many supplement RX too?