Tramadol and Anti Inflamatory

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmq, Feb 26, 2007.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

Can I take Tramadol and an anti inflamatory? I am getting ready for a house full of company and grandkids so I need something that can get me through an active week. I do not care if I fall apart after it...I just need to spend a day or two at Disney World...HELP!
    jmq
  2. tngirl

tngirl New Member

My doctor prescribed both tramadol and an antiinflamatory for me. Tramadol is for pain relief, it is not an anti
    inflamatory drug.

I hope you have a good time with your family--and don't suffer too much as a result of it. You know your body better than anyone else.

If I attempted one whole day at Disney World by that night I would be absolutely miserable.

I do know what it's like to "pretend" I'm healthy. I'm guilty of doing that. After all I don't look sick. Well, I don't really move normally sometimes but as long as I'm sitting still, no one would know.
  3. jmq

jmq New Member

Thanks for getting back to me. I am just so afraid of over dosing and taking the wrong combos...but I hate to make MORE doctor appts just for a quick question. Did the combo work for you?

jmq
  4. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Perhaps read drug interactions for both meds and check w/a pharmacist too. Offhand I would say there would not be a problem.

Did you say two days at Disney World?? Oh, brother, good luck with that.
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

They are the best ones to ask.They know what goes with what so theres no chance of you having a problem.

Sue
  6. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Yes, you can also take tylenol with tramadol to boost the pain relief. The drug Ultracet is just tramadol/ultrm mixed with tylenol. Depends what works for you.

Did the same doctor prescribe the tramadol and the anti-inflammatory? Yes, a pharmacist should also be able to tell you if there is a possible interaction.

My doctor prescribed both celebrex and tramadol for me and I didn't have any bad reactions. Of course I am not a medical professional and nothing I say here is intended as medical advice.

jmg, I am much better when I can take an anti-inflammatory and I would take them daily if I could. I have a lot of stomach problems and the celebrex can irritate it so I can't take it every day.

Tramadol alone doesn't help with my pain. I also take hydrocodone. The doctor said it was ok to take both of these at the same time or between the hydrocodone doses.
    My pain never goes away,even when medicated but it relieves it and makes me able to function

I was telling the doctor how the hydrocodone doesn't handle my pain and he asked how about when you take both tramadol and hydrocodone. I had no idea you could take both. I was taking one or the other depending on my pain level.

I believe I have the website of where to check for drug interactions. I have to locate it and post it later.
  7. tngirl

tngirl New Member

www.drugdigest.org/DD/Interactions/choosedrugs

8. jmq

jmq New Member

Thank you so much for the info and site on iteractions. Yup..two days and three nights in disney world with three people that do not believe or understand FM including the hubby. he says he does but I asked him to please book a room or apt. near the parks so when I poop out, I can take a taxi or something back to our place and not ruin the day for everyone else. He says " why are you so sure it will happen..." He made me feel like I was creating a "self" fulfilling prophecy. What is weird is that I have had company or situations like this before and I have somehow managed to get through it with just mild pain. I just have no idea from day to day what to expect. THanks for your support. I have until April to get ready for this trip.

jmq
  9. nastaranjune

nastaranjune New Member

I have taken both for over a year, and as a nurse I know for a fact there is no contraindication.
  10. momof471

momof471 New Member

You've already got your medication question answered, I just had to wish you luck on Disney World. We went the day after Christmas for a few days. I was scared before I went, my husband was like, how do you know it will be that bad. I only managed a few hours a day in the park, but it was crowded anyway. It was painful but doable as long as everyone works together. I don't take any pain meds or anti-inflammatories though, not by choice, I can't take the side effects. I crashed when I came home, but I was ok with that. In spite of my limitations, my husband and children enjoyed themselves too.

God Bless
  11. jmq

jmq New Member

Thank you for sharing your disney story. That is very encouraging. I will just try to go with the flow..with a positive attitude and not worry
    jmq
  12. CarolynAnne

CarolynAnne New Member

Hi JMQ

I just returned from a family trip to Disney (Feb 1-8)- I am a 35 year old single female and went with my sister/husband niece and nephew as well as my parents. It was such a pleasant experience because I planned ahead. Some thoughts for you prior to going...

* Get a note from your doctor that you have CFS and should be considered for Disneys disablity program. My note was writen on a prescription pad - short and sweet - 2 sentences.

* Once you get to Disney world - once you clear the admittance area - go to the left and there is the customer service center. If you go in there with your note - they will suply you with a pass (good for up to 6 family members) that says Medical Access Pass. This pass is good for all parks and for the duration of your time at Disney. This pass will allow you admitance on the Fast Pass lane. Its nice that Disney recognizes people that suffer from CFS need a little extra help.

* On my second day at the park - (overdid the first - was back at the hotel by 3pm)... I rented a motorized wheelchair (It was expensive but worth every penny). It made navagating the park so much easier. It also entitled my family to a special area to watch the parades. It made my experience so much better.

If you have any questions in regards to the park or my experience last month - let me know... I wish to share with everyone how great Disney was to me and my family - I will definatley go back.

Carolynanne

13. jmq

jmq New Member

Thank you so much for the information on the Disney disabity info....you may have saved my vacation! I was pretty much sure I would be stuck in lines and poop out on my family and end up sleeping under Mickey's ears. Those passes are great! do they charge extra for them?

I thought about the electric wheelchair gizmos but would be afraid of all the crowds and running innocent people over in my foggy state.

JMQ
  14. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

Yes, I take tramadol too ! I also take an anti inflammatory arthritis med with my tramadol. It seems to help somewhat.
  15. raspberrykisses

raspberrykisses New Member

The Dr prescribed Tramodol and Naproxyn for me.
  16. CarolynAnne

CarolynAnne New Member

There is no additional fee for the disablity pass. I recommned bringing a doctors note. Short and sweet on a prescription pad paper. Disney DOES regonize CFS as disablity :) How nice is that to hear. It saved my vacation and I hope it saves yours too.

I also felt like I may hit some poor child with my wheelchair - but after a while you get used to it. I was uncomfortable (I dont like attention) for a while - but just kept thinking how uncomfortable (health wise) I would be if I didnt use it.
    The money (I think $35.00 a day) was well worth it. They also have a regular one (I think $10 a day).

Believe me - your family will love you for it ... The short lines and the extra staff attention made my stay so much more enjoyable.

Dont let this trip stress you out - If you have an other questions please contact me...