Tramadol and headaches!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SleepyWillow25, Oct 13, 2002.

1. SleepyWillow25

SleepyWillow25 New Member

#1 side affect!! The # 1 side affect of tramadol is headaches! I found this out after i was given tramadol to help my pain levels and my headaches. Everytime I took the tramadol i ended up worse with my headache. Sometimes also they did the opposite to me and i could not sleep all night till 7 AM. Other times it would hit me within 5 mins of taking them and i slept for hours. There are two forms of tramadol slow releasing and fast acting.

This is a wonderful site where I looked up the information about tramadol and now I look up ALL of my medication before use via this site and of course talking to my doctor if i have any concerns.

Drug Information Online - http://www.drugs.com/

Keep your chin up!

Love

Belle

2. SleepyWillow25

SleepyWillow25 New Member

#1 side affect!! The # 1 side affect of tramadol is headaches! I found this out after i was given tramadol to help my pain levels and my headaches. Everytime I took the tramadol i ended up worse with my headache. Sometimes also they did the opposite to me and i could not sleep all night till 7 AM. Other times it would hit me within 5 mins of taking them and i slept for hours. There are two forms of tramadol slow releasing and fast acting.

This is a wonderful site where I looked up the information about tramadol and now I look up ALL of my medication before use via this site and of course talking to my doctor if i have any concerns.

Drug Information Online - http://www.drugs.com/

Keep your chin up!

Love

Belle

3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

hi belle,
    i just posted this morning to someone who was having "more" headaches and using tramadol. you are correct! tramadol gave me a headache the entire time i took it.

but, i take ultram (50 mg) most of the time i split it, and it has NEVER given me a headache. i could not function well without the ultram. for some crazy reason, my mail pharmacy sent me the tramadol instead, never again.

just my story,
    warm regards, fibolady

p.s. they sent me the generic for the klonopin too, i'm too scared to try it. has anyone had any reaction to this generic.
    ??????
  4. sb439

sb439 New Member

Hi, I haven't used the generic klonopin, but read on the web that most of Cheney's patients could tell the generic from the brand by the fact that it worked less well - side-effects weren't mentioned.
    Susanne