Tramadol for Hip Pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mme_curie68, Mar 29, 2006.

1. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Hi -

Does anyone use Tramadol (Ultram) for hip pain? Does it relieve the pain?

Since I took care of my shoes (orthopedic) for the arthritis in my feet, the pain has transferred to both hips.

I'm meeting with my primary doc in a few weeks to go over my meds and I would be interested in having tramadol if it helps.

I've been using Aleve, Ibuprofen, Tylenol to no avail. The constant ache is still there.

I'd appreciate hearing from those of you with the same pain to let me know what helps.

I can't soak in a tub - we don't have a working bathtub in the house right now, only showers. Yoga helps me stretch everything out, but it doesn't get rid of the pain. I take Flexeral at night to relax the muscles, so I don't think its muscle spasms that are causing my discomfort.

Thanks!
    Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  2. mariee

mariee Member

Just a thought.
    You had foot pain and the shoes help that.
    But then the pain went to the hips.
    could be the shoes.
    Mention this to your doc.

One of my legs is shorter (than normal) than the other.
    The wrong shoes hurts my hips.

Best wishes.
    Mariee
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Sounds as if the new shoes may be the cause. What a total bummer!

I had a friend who took it for Hip pain, but I wondering if the pain is due to you working different muscles with the new shoes?

It never helped her much, but a low dose Anti depressant did a little.

Can you get a baby bathtub and fit your "buns" in it? That may be a help?

Oh I hate to hear you are suffering, you are always so helpful.

LOve Anne C
  4. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

My experience with Tramadol is that it is not very effective for severe pain, like what you are talking about. You can ask to try it, if you haven't before, but I would be afraid it would not help anymore than what you're taking already.

Take care,

Leanne
  5. elsa

elsa New Member

Love it .... have posted a lot about it if you want to google my name. It has made my life tolerable without making me drugged or more goofy.

If you take it with advil the combination of the two togther strengthen their individual anagesic properties.

I have taken 2 tramadol / 4 advil every six hours at the heigth of my pain ... worked well enough to allow me to live a modified life.

Now I take 2 tramadol / 4 advil about twice a day. I am in remission .... unfortunately I live a very physical life with past pro athlete type aches and pains ..... Probably hurt to a degree for the rest of my life ... Kinda know how retired football players feel! That's cool though ... wouldn't trade my experiences for anything.

Back to tramadol ... yes! Worked (s) great on my pain ... I hope your hips / feet improve.

Elsa
  6. elsa

elsa New Member

7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Madame Curie:
    It can not hurt to ask the doctor for it. I have been on it for years and can vouch for the fact that it helps me, although I have to take other pain meds. And it is non-addicting from what I have heard. It might very well take care of hip pain depending on what degree you have it.

n.f.