Tramadol not working anymore...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ledev68, Jan 23, 2012.

1. ledev68

ledev68 New Member

and doc won't put me on narcotics. Is there anything else out there I can take? Ibuprofen 800mg doesn't work either. Would love an answer by 3:00 pm est, because that's when I see my doc again. Thanks.
  2. dee3

dee3 New Member

I have suffered from fibromyalgia for 25+ years and have tried everything under the sun for pain. (Although not many narcotics.) The drug I find most helpful is Tylenol#1. I take 2 tabs first thing in the morning to take the edge off. It doesn't get rid of the pain completely but works better for me than anything else. If you live in Canada you can ask the pharmacist for them but the in the States I believe you need a prescription.

[This Message was Edited on 01/23/2012]
  3. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Ask your doc for ketoprofen. Ibuprofen does nothing for me and I can't take Tylenol because of liver problems. But keto works fairly well, or at least it does for now...sigh...this DD!
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Maybe an increase in your tramadol and also taking Neurotin definately makes a differenace for me.
  5. ledev68

ledev68 New Member

I tried neurontin when I first got fms, and it didn't work, so my doc put me on Lyrica, which has made a huge difference in my life. I guess everyone is different. Hopefully this flare will go away soon and I won't need the tramadol anymore. Thanks for your suggestion. So happy you have found something that works for you.