Tramadol(Ultram)..What is considered a high dosage?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Treca, May 24, 2006.

1. Treca

Treca New Member

I'm just curious about this. My doc made a comment awhile back ago that I was on a high dosage of Tramadol. I'm on 300mg a day (2 50mg tabs every 4 hours. I don't take any until 12pm(noon)) She made this comment when I was on 200mg a day.

Is this consider high to you guys? The only thing I could find on the Internet was from a little website that said to not go over 400mg a day...this is the site that was even talking about dosage that I could pull up.

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/tramadol/tramadol_dose.shtml

Now I haven't been to the rest of the places on this website. I was just looking for what is considered a high dose for Tramadol/Ultram and this was the only one I found. If anyone knows of another site that I can get this info please let me know.

I just don't what to think about this med. I know that it wouldn't work for me if it wasn't for the Neurontin and the Baclofen that I take with it. They seem to work well together. I find though that because I don't take the Tramadol at 10am when I take my first dose of Neurontin for the day I have the breakthrough pain that I want to avoid.

So if the max dose is 300mg or 400mg and my doc decides not to up it to the 400mg then what is the next step? I'm hoping to stay away from narcotics, but if I have to go back to them then I would rather just go back to the one that I was on before I started all the new meds. The point of me getting on these meds was to get away from the narcotics, well if I have to get back on them anyway I want to go back to the one that worked the best for me and not do the take 2 @ every 4 to 6 hours and for breakthrough pain take this. I've been there done that and I won't do that again. Not after having such great results with the other med I was on.

I hope that this makes sense to everyone. If not please ask away with any questions you have or any suggestions you may have.

Sorry for being so long winded. This is one topic that just aggravates and frustrates me. Which doesn't help the fibro pain.

Thanks for lending an ear and suggestions if you have any :)

Treca
  2. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

This site tells you just about everything you need to know about the medicine, side affects, what meds not to mix it with, dosages and amounts taken during the 24 hour period.

TxSongBird
  3. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

You might think about trying the new, extended release form of Ultram, which is taken once a day.

That way, the doctors would keep their prejudices to themselves.
  4. Treca

Treca New Member

I asked her about that about 2 months ago and she wasn't even interested in talking about it which I thought was funny. I'll bring that up with her again when I see her and if she doesn't appease my curiosity I'll get a second opinion.