Tramal and FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GJoynerwood, Jul 21, 2003.

1. GJoynerwood

GJoynerwood New Member

I would like to know if anyone has used tramadol HCI (tramal/tramadol/ultram) with any success for FM pain management. I've read that Tramadol and acetaminophen (tylenol) work together very well. Is it worth me pursuing this option?
  2. Lumare41

Lumare41 New Member

Hi! I'm new to this board and this is just great.It is really good to talk to people who understand.I have a hubby 4 kids the youngest are twins and have been on Ultracet for about 1 1/2 years.It works good for me when during the day and when I'm not having a bad Flare up.I went to my Rhummy and told him that for at least 3wks the Ultracet just wasn't cutting it.I have been in serious pain and having a hard time coping.he said if I can clean,shop take care of twins and drive two teenagers back and forth then I'm coping.He said since the Ultracet wasn't working lately then he would not give me anymore!!He also said he did not believe in Narcotics for fibro and I have to learn to deal with it.Then he said see you in 6mnths!Well I don't think so!I am going to a pain management center on Aiug ^th and hopefully they can help me this pain is very severe. Sorry for ramblin but it did feel good!Yes the Ultracet works for regular days.I have a friend with Fibro who swears by it .Go ahead and try it's worth a shot.It just might work for u.Lumare 41