tramal for pain and lyrica

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goldilox, Mar 13, 2006.

1. goldilox

goldilox Member

Hello again,

I was SO bad with pain in my elbows and arms as I have posted before it prompted me to see the doctor and he gave me tramal which I think helped me the following day. Its the slow release one and its been a week and my pain has been less severe. I have also increased my lyrica. I was on one 150 mg a day and now I am taking 2, one in a.m. and one in p.m. I don't know which one is more beneficial or is it the combination of both that it is better?

I sadly had to give in my resignation as I cannot work at all at the moment so its been quite depressing but I had no choice. Its a child care centre and the work is too taxing on my body. I truly want to work again in a different field after I try and manage my pain symptoms a bit better. (PLEEZE)

I await your replies,
    Thanks,

Sue.
  2. msmac

msmac New Member

I am after 4 months, finally at 400 mg of Lyrica. This was my first day on it, and it is not an easy drug. I do think it helps, or I wouldn't keep trying. Have tried nearly everything else. It does take some time for your body to absorb it and the tramadol works faster, so you should feel better soon. Good luck!
  3. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I've been taking tramadol (Ultram) w/tylenol every 4 hours for about 2 years. I've read it's the last step b4 having to take codeine or something similar (accurate? i don't know). I also take Lamictal (similar to Neurontin). The Lamictal is fairly new, about a year ago. Used to take Neurontin, but as with many meds, the effectiveness tapers off. I hate going thru med changes...argghh
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sue:
    There comes a time when many of us have to say 'no more' to work. It is a difficult decision and a major life change. Our identities are so linked with 'what do you do' (status in society).
    Yet: Good for you. And yes, I take Tramadol, but not Lyrica. I find it really helps me with pain.

You said you want to work again and that is hopeful.
    It may also be time to go on Social Security.
    Only you will know the difference between what you want and what you are able to do.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I was given Lyrica for the nerve pain from shingles. It works differently than the hydorcodone I take for regular pain.

I read that it is also used for adult onset partial seizures.

I take Lamictal for my seizures, have been taking it for about 2 years.

I couldn't even stay awake with just taking one 75 mg Lyrica so I couldn't take it during the day. It put me out like a light, which isn't a bad thing since I don't sleep very well!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!