Transcript of Dr. Judy Mikovits talk (Jan 22)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by QuayMan, Jan 31, 2010.

1. QuayMan

QuayMan Member

Thanks to a volunteer team over at, here's a transcript of the talk: i.e. i.e.

A transcript of the Q&A I think will be finalised fairly soon.

The videos are at:
    Thanks to ProHealth and the HHV-6 Foundation for sponsoring this event.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/31/2010]
  2. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Thanks Hon! I'm having a hard time hearing the video. I was hoping for a transcript, or someone to direct me to one. Would be easier to watch a video than read, but I was unable to hear it.... so thanks! I'll read it in bits and pieces.

Fight :)
  3. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I'm having some difficulties seeing the text, as they have boxes on top of it that I'm unable to close. Any suggestions?

Fight ;)

I do not want to register yet another account in which I'll forget my passwords. All I want to do is know what was discussed in both ProHealth, and in the meeting/discussion they had about XMRV.

I wouldn't think it would be this difficult to get this information. While we haven't paid for it, some of us are broke from doc bills and not working, I hope the info will be provided to us, since the sound system quality was really poor.

Thanks.[This Message was Edited on 01/31/2010]
  4. QuayMan

QuayMan Member

Have you tried copying and pasting the transcipt onto a new file on your computer. It might show up fine there.
  5. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I'm not sure how to do that. I know computers somewhat, but for some reason I haven't been in the groove lately, probably because I get fed up with my slow computer, 12 years old computer.

I'll give it a try as best as I can. Have any helpful tips?

Fight :)
  6. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!!

It's long, so I'll start reading it tomorrow.

Thank you so mcuh for your help!

Fight (not my real name, lol)
  7. QuayMan

QuayMan Member

Transcript of Q&A:
  8. QuayMan

QuayMan Member

Slides are at:
  9. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Dr Mikovits stated that this is a lipid (fats, oils) coated virus. No cure found as of yet, but from my Chemistry class "Like dissolves Like" so logic says to use fish oils, coconut oil or better yet monolaurin (Lauricidin).

"So certainly supplements can help a lot. Retroviruses cause a lot of oxidative stress. So things like N-acetylcysteine and glutathione, the detox type… People do take supplements. I know that a lot of people have had success with immune modulators, just helping their disease, or supplements, because they know about them." - Dr. Mikovits

I'm going to add BHT, its a very powerful, yet synthetic anti-oxidant. It's fantastic at keeping oils from going rancid.

I don't know if I have XMRV, but my motto is that if something is cheap and safe...I'll try it.