Transfer factor 101 tutorial needed --

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by minimonkey, Jan 21, 2006.

1. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

Okay -- I started reading the transfer factor board, and the amount of knowledge on there is far beyond what I can understand, being new at this. Can anyone direct me to either a good starting post on this, or fill me in on the most basic basics? I'm desperate for something that will help me, but don't want to jump in prematurely with something that isn't indicated for what I suffer.

I know, at the very least, I have EBV -- I had mono as a teen. Signs of fibro dating back to childhood, and mom and maternal grandmother had/have fibro symptoms too ---

Help me, oh FMS elders, you're my only hope!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It will give you info on how TF's work. Basically, the material from live pathogens which transfers info is removed and cultured in colostrum and/or eggs. This material cannot infect you but it does cause the immune system to recognize the pathogens as foreign material to be killed by the immune system.

There are basically two types of TF's. TF Basics does not target specific pathogens. It really is more of a "souped-up colostrum" which helps build up the immune system. The rest of the TF's target specific pathogens.

TF C and TF 100 both target EBV. TF 100 also targets CMV and the TF C targets Lyme, Chlamydia, CMV, and the B strain of HHV-6. I have been taking TF C and TF 200 which targets both the A and B Strains of HHV-6 and CMV.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Pro Health has a good site for information at transferfactor.ws.

I hope this helps.
    Kathy.