Transfer Factor Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat0465, Nov 15, 2009.

1. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

can anybody give me thier take on Transfer factors?? i see it in the Pro health mags, & was wondering what it does & if anyone has had any luck Taking it.
  2. spacee

spacee Member

The non targeted TF called Transfer Factor Essentials is a Bestseller here.

If you know what viruses you have, then you might try one of the targeted TF's. Like if you have a high titer for EBV (the mono virus) CMV (cytomegleovirus) and HHV6.

The ones they sell at ProHealth target those but you have to call and ask them because they won't print out the info any more. (Problems with the FDA)

I take a much more targeted TF's that I buy from a lab. They helped me more than I can say. But I do have a very severe case of CFS. I slowly could work up to exercising a hour a day, 6 days a week.

Rich Carson who owns this site takes the same two that I take. I got my idea to try the 2nd one from his posting on the Transfer Factor board. There is a lot of good info there but no one posts there to speak of.

I take one for CFS TF#2 and one for Mycoplasma TF#9. They are pricey $150 for 30. I take 15 of each a month.

I started with the Transfer Factor 4Life. Now they have a bunch of different kinds but basically, the cheapest one. It was a good product, I thought. But I needed the stronger kind.

3. simonedb

simonedb Member

did you try kutapressin or nexavir too? if so could you say what you think of that and where you get it?
  4. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

thanks a lot for the info, now i kinda know what direction to go in. i too have a severe case of cfs,and also high EBV titers.

If i could exercise an hour a day, that would be awesome, i cant do much at the moment.
    so no exercise= mega weight gain also, which i know isn't helping any of the dozen or so other things going kaput.
    thanks again, i'll give prohealth a call & get some info coming.oh yea, is EBV considered a Mycoplasma? or is that like Lyme??
  5. spacee

spacee Member

EBV is a virus. One of the 7 or 8 (is it now) of the herpes family. It causes mono. So it isn't Lyme or a myco. Those are different.

Kutapressin is no longer sold. A small company that supplied part to Swarch (?) Pharma, went out of business after 9/11.
    They were not going to try to make it again. But patients did a write in/call in. Even to their senators (I think) and they came out with the new form Nexavir. It is a gel. The kutapressin was an injection.

Since the TF's did more for me than the Kutapressin, I never tried the Nexavir. I believe you just ask you pcp for an rx and get it that way.

I have a friend who was able to work with Kutapressin but not with Nexavir (though she still takes it). I don't think she tried the TF's.

We may all have the same illness but how we react is very different.