Transfer Factor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mampatwh, Aug 25, 2005.

1. mampatwh

mampatwh New Member

Has anyone heard of this? I have started taking it so far for about a year now and their supplements that is for FMS. So far I dun have any more pains or the severe muscle spasms like I did a year ago.

Been trying to get the supplement for the night time as my sleep is totally out...have not had a good nite sleep in years now...well for a long time anyway

Has anyone else been taking it as well?
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Yes- I also take transfer factor 4000. It really helps boost you immune system. Glad it's working for you! Lynn
  3. skinnymini

skinnymini New Member

Your sleep is the most important thing to get under control. You will not begin to feel better until you start sleeping better. I had my serotonin and melotonin levels tested (saliva tests) and found I had extremely low levels of serotonin. My melotonin levels were normal. My doctor put me on 5-HTP (tryptophan) and my sleep is gradually improving. I have found that MSM (from the health food store) is the best thing for my muscle aches.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Does it target specific pathogens? Some TF's, like TF Essentials, are souped up colostrum which helps build up the immune system. This type would be taken all the time.

The ones which target specific pathogens may not need to be taken permanently. I took two different ones for three months and now only have to pulse them a few days every six weeks. Each time I pulse them, I have a Herxheimer Effect from a dieoff of pathogens.

In between, I take colostrum, along with probiotics and undenatrued whey.

I hope you can find something to help you sleep. The ZMA sold here has helped many to get improved sleep. It's a specific formula of Magnesium, Zinc, and vitamin B-6. If one takes something for sleep, the ZMA just works with it to improve sleep even further.

I take Klonopin because it is slight seizure activity which keeps me from being able to sleep. Many of us have this problem. Antiseizure meds help us with sleep, sensory overload, restless leg syndrome, anxiety, and other symptoms. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  5. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

I just started taking Transfer Factor Blend 100. I'm so looking forward to long term improvement.

For sleep I used to take a 5-HTP along with End Fatigue Revitalizing Sleep Formula (put together be Dr. Teitelbaum). I now take a Metagenics product called Myocalm PM. Both regimens have helped a lot.

Welcome to the message boards here!

Love & Light, Laurie