Transfer Factor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 4mylabs, Nov 22, 2002.

1. 4mylabs

4mylabs New Member

Hi all

I went to see a new Dr this week and was extremely impressed by his knowledge about CFS and his suggestions for treatments (we had a 2 hour meeting) . I have started some of the nutritioanl therapies he suggested and am having more specific blood tests run. One area that we did discuss was taking Transfer factor meds. I have high EB virus titers so we think that is what we are dealing with. Has anyone had any experience taking transfer factor? I heard it can make one feel ill for the first week but it does sounds promising. Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Julie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/22/2002]
  2. 4mylabs

4mylabs New Member

Hi all

I went to see a new Dr this week and was extremely impressed by his knowledge about CFS and his suggestions for treatments (we had a 2 hour meeting) . I have started some of the nutritioanl therapies he suggested and am having more specific blood tests run. One area that we did discuss was taking Transfer factor meds. I have high EB virus titers so we think that is what we are dealing with. Has anyone had any experience taking transfer factor? I heard it can make one feel ill for the first week but it does sounds promising. Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Julie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/22/2002]
  3. mlw

mlw New Member

Hi Julie: I was in the same boat 2 years ago with extreme exhaustion and to make a long story short I had high EBV titres. The doctor never gave me anything but I have never fully recovered and in short I have a herpes-virus (HHV6). I learned about Transfer Factor from the website. It is basically bovine colostrum that is of the highest quality. These tiny protein molecules pass the memory of the mother to the infant to remember conditions for immunity that has already been established. It is supposed to help but you won't see the difference for about 6 months.

Also, very important to take is CQ10, multi-vitamins, probiotics, etc.

There is a lot of information about transfer fractor on this website.
    Good Luck
    MLW
  4. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

There is also a transfer factor message board on this website. I check it out once in awhile to see if anybodys having success w/it. Not too many posts but maybe if you post over there too you will hear from others. I too am interested but don't know what kind etc. and some are really expensive. Please let us know how you make out if you decide to try it. Amy
  5. seans

seans New Member

Could you please tell me where to find the tranfer factors site on this board.
    thx.