Transfer Factors Might Help You (CFS)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spacee, May 17, 2008.

1. spacee

spacee Member

There is one lab that still makes them. They are available through:

Neutraceuticals...a web site (This has a list of the TF's and which pathogens they target/cover. (I have added this later. Either I am going to the wrong site (spelling) or this site is closed temporarily. Maybe someone who knows more about this site will post.)

Chisholm Biological Lab 1-803-663-9618 Toll Free (800)664 1333.

They are made at the same place (Chis. Lab) so you are getting the same product either way.

There are so many new people who are probably not familiar with this fantastic product.

To learn about them, please click on the messageboards and go to the Transfer Factor Board. Then click on an explanation of TF's by Mikie...she does the best job of explaining (IMHO).

They are not a cure but they do keep some of us mobile. Rich Carson who owns this site through his company ProHealth takes them.

Chisholm Lab recommends their ImmunFactor #2 for CFS. It covers the usual suspects, EBV, CMV, Chlamydia pneumoniae, Borrelia (cell deficient Lyme) Human Herpes 6 (HHV6), Babesia, Ehrlichia and Bartonella.

ImmunFactor 9 is good for Mycos. Mycoplasma arthritidis, buccale, faucium, fermetans, genitalium, hominis, lipophilum, orale, penetrans, piru, pneumoniae, primatum, salivariuim, or spermatophilum, Ureaplasma Urealyticum, Nanobacterium, (as well as) HHV6 A&B, CMV , EBV, Chlamydia penumoniae and human plaque.

It is not cheap. $140 for 30 capsules. Must be refridgerated. Usually you will have a response as you immune system responds to the TF. After you have taken it for 3-6 months, you will have reached your optimum level that you are going to achieve and you can, then, possibly pulse you dose of TFs. That will reduce the cost for you.

Add this too: Shipping by FedEX Refrigerated products are shipped by overnight delivery in summer months and MUST be placed in refrigeration upon receipt.

Hoping for Health!

[This Message was Edited on 05/18/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/19/2008]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you soooooo much for posting this. I haven't been to the TF Board in a long time. I was heartsick when ProHealth could no longer get the TF's. It's good to know there is still a supplier for them.

I haven't taken them for quite some time. I may consider ordering them to pulse them from time to time. As you and others know, TF's were a huge part of my own treatment plan. If I were starting over, I would try the TF's before ABX and AV's as I believe they are just as effective without the dangerous side effects. Of course, there are still the immune reaction side effects but that only means the TF's are working.

How are you doing? Well, I hope.

Love, Mikie
  3. spacee

spacee Member

Pretty good. I can exercise but my brain function is not where I would like it. I manage. I would NOT be able to without the TF's.

June 1st I am going to work. Not anything nearly what a normal person would do but I need a few quarters to get my social off I go. The place is very lenient and there is a back room if I need to rest my brain for 15 minutes or so.
    I am not sure exactly what I will be doing yet. Maybe just making copies!

Thanks for asking. I keep up with you. I know you are working.
    And have had a flare recently. Hope you are better!

4. landra

landra New Member

And just curious - how do you get them if they must be refridgerated?

I am sooooo miserable - down again, now for almost 4 weeks, have to be horizontal about 18-20 hours a day. I may just want to try these!
  5. spacee

spacee Member

They are mailed with ice packs. In my experience, they HAVE arrived no longer cool but I have never had them not be effective.

Since our immune systems are different, the reactions vary.
    Mikie had a typical "herx". That is what you get when you experience the die off of pathogens. Her explanation is on the Transfer Factor Board...I bumped it up to the top.

Actually. I am going to go bump up mine reaction cause it has been a few years and I probably need to read it again.

I will have to look through the posts over there so give me a while as I have to go out. I would say that I would definitely be horizaontal 20 hours without TF's.

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad you are able to work. My job is no big deal. I started out bagging at a supermarket and now, I cashier. This week, I'm only working 11 hrs. I worked about 16 hrs. the last two weeks. I work 20-24 hrs. during our Snowbird Season. I never work more than 6 hrs. a day and usually less.

In some respects, I would like to find something more interesting and less physically intense. My lower back has been hurting. I don't know whether it's from the flare I've been in or from the job, or both. On the plus side, though, the store has plenty of employees and I can get off any time I want to. I don't make much money but it's enough to keep my from having to grossly spend down my savings. SSD doesn't pay the bills.

Best of luck to you with the job. Let us know how it's going.

Love, Mikie
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As Spacee mentioned, everyone is different. My reaction was almost identical to when I took ABX. First, my lymph nodes would swell, I would feel fluish, and then my body would purge and detox. I am lucky in that the strong purging usually only lasts 24-48 hrs. but it is intense.

Love, Mikie
  8. spacee

spacee Member

I tried to find the Nutraceuticals site and it said that it was "temporarily closed". I hope I am spelling it correctly. I have purchased from them in the past.

I will check with Chisholm in the morning and see what is what.

The info on my start of TF's has been bumped up to the top of the Transfer Factor Messageboard.

That is great that you are able to work Mikie. Sounds like a great little shop.

9. landra

landra New Member

THANKS! I just went over to the transfer factors board and read the things you bumped, Spacee. You'all just answered a boatload of questions that I have not even been able to put into words!! [Herxing being one!]

I have known that my immune system does not work right for years - Chinese medicine and homeopaths kept telling me that. Spleen deficiency is one phrase that kept getting repeated.

But this is the first I have heard (I think! the last 8 months have been brain fog) of Transfer factors.

I am/was allergic to cow's milk. I know I was not breast fed, and I think we did not go on goat's milk until I was 4 or 5 yo. Will that make any difference in which Transfer Factor to get??

I will try googling Transfer Factor and see what I get, then return with questions! Feeling crummy knowing something is going AWAY would be worth it!!

I see my Dr. on Thursday and will ask her what viruses we have tested for. [I know there were 2 I am positive for EBV and one other. Also h-pylori and other gut things that got treated.]I saw a posting on Parvo on the board and did not know people could get it.

And I'll ask her about anti-virals. Don't know if she will be willing, but I am taking the Canadian Guidelines in. Any other articles on anti-virals that I should look up?

I feel like it all makes much more sense now!!
  10. landra

landra New Member

Now that I know how to get around to different Boards!! I'll check both for any information you post for me!
  11. spacee

spacee Member

I will answer here...maybe others will be interested.

EBV, and HHV6 A & B are the two viruses that are being treated with Valcyte. So those three are ones you would need to know.
    CMV is one that both these TF's hit so that could be one.

I took a break from the TF's while I tried the Marshall Protocol. I have never been tested for mycoplasms but I could tell from my "herx" during that time that I have them.

I had to stop the Marshall Protocol due to family issues (mother passing, house needing major remodeling). So when I went back to the TF's, I read that Rich Carson also took the TF for mycoplasms. So, I decided to add that one too. It felt like it was a step in the right direction for me.

High dose B-12 injections (5,000mcgs daily to start, then down to about 3 times a week) do a great deal for me too.

These TF's are made from Cow (Bovine) and chicken colustrum and blood. There is a filler in the capsule that is made by growing lactobacillus cultures on a milk free substrate. The way I understand it is that it is safe for people with milk allergies. But I will check when I call in the AM to check and see how the lab is doing and will let you know.

It is bad that such a great product has had to go "underground" and people can't get the information. The info used to be published regularly in ProHealth's magalog with each TF and what they covered. All gone now and has to be word of mouth.

Doctors still order from the Lab. When I was ordering 5 years worth, I had to wait cause they needed their equipment to prepare a large shipment to a doctor. Hopefully, we will always have this product.

12. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Spacee,

This is great info. I have been curious about TF's for a long time.

My DAN doctor started me on colostrum (with contains TFs, general ones, I think) from Kirkman's on Friday - just starting with a drop - because I am so sensitive and because I have been so sick (fever for over 10 mos and high heart rate of recent).

Is the herx dose dependent? If you start super low and slow - in my case - 1 drop for a long time can one avoid a severe herx. Maybe this is too hard to say - just wondering?

Have any of you had experience with colostrum prior to TFs - thought maybe I could work my way up.

Thank you Spacee for this great and hope filled info!

God Bless You,

13. spacee

spacee Member

I contacted Chishol Lab this am and they are doing well.

Landra I asked about milk allergies and was told "no milk is used in the preparation of the product."

Elisa With your fevers and condition there are a couple of things you can do.

First. Open the capsule up and take out the smallest amount you can (less than a pinch) and put it under your tongue. Let it dissolve this way. Mikie started doing it this way although she took more than a pinch. She wanted to diminish the herxing too.

Second. There is a supplement called Beta Glucan that helps diminish a herx. ProHealth sells this product for $24.99 for 60 capsulses 60 day supply).

And, also, I remember that you should take it at night.

Blinkie I am so happy to hear that you have found something that helps with neuropathy. That is a difficult thing to find an answer for...That is great.

14. jenbooks13

jenbooks13 New Member

about an unregulated product from blood. I've always been interested in these and always nervous about that. I mean, I take IVIG but that goes through a stringent purification process.

This is a company that is small--how can they replicate such a purification process? How do we know what's getting into the product?

I will call them but I still am nervous.
  15. spacee

spacee Member

That very question is addressed to Chip Dopson in our Library here. If you care to look it up, put his name in the Library search, the interview with him is on about the 4 page.

But, do give them a call and they will answer your questions.

16. spacee

spacee Member

I can't get it out of my mind that I am concerned about your fevers and heart rate. I am no doctor to recommend or not recommend but I am concerned that this might not be a good time for you to start TF's.

It was a HUGE decision for me to start taking the TF's. But I was not having those kind of symptoms.

Just wanted to let you know my thoughts.

17. spacee

spacee Member

Just letting you know that I have to go away for a week. DH's father took a turn for the worse...he is 88yo.

18. jenbooks13

jenbooks13 New Member

This is all he said:

"ChipD: Englishlady, the processes for TF depends upon its derivation. From colostrum or blood in which case both require purification procedures some of which are published and some of which are proprietary."

So they are using blood products and the process by which they purify is "proprietary"? I mean, we've seen and heard of a lot of problems in "safe" products--such as contaminated heparin from China that killed people, or the practices of a Nevada clinic that contaminated nearly 80 people with Hep C. If a purification process from blood products is proprietary, by an independent company, I have no proof their products are safe. And even if the process *is* safe I have no proof their employees are diligent. Mistakes could occur anywhere. Ahd I'd have no recourse if I bought their products, would I? I have to take his word for it and his proprietary process whatever it is.

I'm actually interested in these products but that's always why I've stayed away. I have no idea why he is saying in that same interview that colostrum, which is essentially milk, would have an issue with prions. Prions tend to come from nervous system tissue, meat that is near the brain or spine.
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Prayers going up for your FIL. Let us know how he's doing.

Love, Mikie
  20. Elisa

Elisa Member

God speed on your caring help your FIL.

Thank you for your kindness - I have nothing to lose at this point as I am in bad shape in and out of ERs.

I go slow always. So please don't worry.

I actually talked about you today because you gave me hope - and that is more than I usually have - at least lately. I told my Mom about your thread while in the ER - it is a kind thing and so kind of you to share your experience with the TFs.

Hope is what I need the most as I am running so low that I am having trouble hanging on.

So thank you for the dose of new hope - the best kind - for many of us.

God Bless You,