Transfer Factors

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LeftCoast, Mar 18, 2007.

1. LeftCoast

LeftCoast New Member

Is anyone using transfer factors? I was reading about them on this site and it sounds great. My question is what type to use? They seem to range in price dramatically. I would like to try them but a $300 bottle is a huge investment for something that might not work. Are the cheaper ones any good? What is th difference? Thanks
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

That way you can "target" your immune system with the right product.

In my case, I have Epstein-Barr and Cytomegalo viruses. TF 540 targets theses. The blood tests are expensive so if you have insurance, you can ask the doc about these. Most M.D.s still scoff at CFS, so you might have so seek another doc. D.O. will think outside the box with alternative medicine.

3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I purchased the Transfer Factor C from this site. It comes in bottles with 30 capsules, so the "trial cost" is something like $130.

It supposedly covers HHV6, EBV, CMV, chlamydia pnemoniae, lyme and some stuff that sounds like lyme.

My first experience was that one capsule really knocked me for a loop. (I know that I have the first four things on that list. The fact that I'm taking an antiviral may have made the experience even more potent.) When I restart, I'm going to take something like 1/4 of capsule to start.....which certainly brings the price down!

I have been taking a non-specific transfer factor (4Life Advanced TF) but am not sure if it's helping. However, I persuaded a friend (non-CFS) who has been getting colds every other week to give it a try. He said that he was getting early signs this week, but successfully fought it off (which is unusual). So far so good, therefore. Maybe it's having an effect on me too, and I just don't know it.

For some good info about Tf's google the following

learnabouttf

If yyou do decide to use it, please let me know. Good luck.

Best, Lisa

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If you click on Message Boards in the strip above, it will list the various boards. Just click on Transfer Factors to get there. You get back here the same way.

There are what I consider three levels of immune boosters in this category. Colostrum is the basic powdered form made from cows' premilk. Immunity can be transferred from one specie to another.

Transfer Essentials is basically a souped up colostrum.

Targeted TF's are for specific pathogens. If you know what infections you want to target, it helps. Otherwise, it's just trial and error. I took the TF C and TF 200 for three months. That covered most of the common chronic infections. I now only need to pulse them for a couple of days every six weeks. Immunity from TF's isn't permanent and you have to "boost" them every now and then. TF's are like little oral vaccines.

The can pack a whollop, though, so it's best to start out slowly. It was a month before I could take a whole capsule at once. I had such a strong immune reaction that I felt as though I had the flu.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  5. LeftCoast

LeftCoast New Member

Thanks everyone for the good info. I will talk to my doc. tomorrow. Sounds like something that might help. Doc says I tested equivical to most virus that you guys have named but that was over two years ago. I'm due for more tests.