Trapped in Lack of Care /Medical System. Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by herbqueen, Aug 18, 2006.

1. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

After 7 years with FMS and learning to manage it live mostly well, I'm having a non changing dim /blotchy vision in my right eye for now 6 weeks. Just recently have stopped sleeping... jerky muscles.. hands/arms falling asleep at night, tingling. Arm still feels numb today. Feel jittery and legs feel weak. I had an MRI done that came back normal for both brain scan (no lesions) and optic nerve normal ( I as afraid this was optic neuritis... pre MS). The opth is referring me to a neuro opth.. with no consideration of my background. I can't even get a return call from the opth. office to discuss who would be the best neuro opth for my case. Can someone recommend a neurologist and neuro opth in Boston area? I'd like find someone who has least heard of FMS and recognizes it and perhaps also has specialty in MS. Thank you for any advice you can offer. It took me 3 weeks to even get into see the opth/app't. I called several. Pretty sad when you feel like you're losing your vision.
  2. starmom

starmom New Member

herbqueen,

I have no recommendations, just wanted you to know I am listening.

If nothing else, call various neurologists and neuro opth and ASK them. Anything you want to know. The worst they can do is not answer. Rudeness you can hang up on!

If it offers hope, my mom had 2 retinal hemorrhages several months apart. She doesn't have FM, but has other autoimmune probs. AFter 2 years of difficult vision and fear she was going blind, she just had cataract surgery. Her vision is just about perfect, for the first time since she was 8!!! NO GLASSES!!!

Keep hope, hugs,

Susie
  3. IndianPrincess

IndianPrincess New Member

Hopefully someone in Boston will respond. Perhaps edit your heading and add Boston!

Cindy
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member