Trauma before FM symptoms began?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Astarte, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Astarte

Astarte New Member

Has anyone had some sort of trauma before symptoms of Fibro started? In Sept. 2005 I had a bad fall where I had to have my C6 disc replaced, need my knees scoped and fratcured a few teeth. That is when I developed FM symptoms. My new Pheumy said that many patients for some reason start FM after having a major trauma like mine.

Has anyone else had this before developing symptoms? I've read this before on several websites. Allot of things can be traumatic to one's body, not just a fall or accident. It could be an illeness that was traumatic.

Star
  2. millennia

millennia New Member

Sometimes I feel like my whole life has been one trauma after another! I was only diagnosed a year or so ago, but I've had symptoms for a long time. I got in a car accident when I was 17, the severe pain started shortly after that.
  3. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I fell and slipped landed on my neck where my spine meets the neck I had no chance to break the fall.I had a lump and had to go to physical therapy .This was in may well I woke up in october with pins and needles in hips and have't felt good since.So 5 months later I guess.Now a year later spasms are showing up in my neck, So doc put me n valium for spasms and it is working.They said xrays show my neck is straight instead of curved and that means I am having spasms.Ruthie
  4. annieoakley63

annieoakley63 New Member

My doctor mentioned to me that trauma may cause Fibro symptoms. He told me my life's been filled with trauma and it's continuing with my dad having alzheimers. I was molested until I was 11, in a very physically and mentally abusive marriage for 10 years, in a car accident when I was 23, lost a home to a house fire in 1993, almost lost my youngest daughter in an auto accident 2 years ago and almost lost my husband last year to an aneurysm. Trauma!?

He also told me to try to keep my stress level as low as possible and to sleep 8-10 hours a night. So far, I've not found a way to do either of the above. Any suggestions? Even my sleep meds aren't keeping me asleep all night.