Trauma to the brain

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by azmiranda, Sep 10, 2011.

1. azmiranda

azmiranda Member

Hello!
    I am fairly new to the board I use to be on all the time a few years back and then just got too busy. I hope everyone is having a decent weekend. It is beautiful weather here in Iowa right now and with football starting we are enjoying the fall.
    I had eclampsia after my twins were born and I was in the ICU for 2 days. One of the symptoms of this is severe swelling around the brain. I have been much worse as far as my fibromyalgia symptoms go since then. I didn't blame it on that because I was too busy raising my boys to put 2 and 2 together but now that I am thinking about it I am wondering if brain injury, swelling does put added pressure on our system and cause our messages to become jumbled and misfire causing more symptoms.
    Does anyone else have a history of this sort of trauma??
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Hi there. I don't have Fibro, but since you do and are asking questions about eclampsia and the accompanying swelling of the brain, then your fibro symptoms getting worse since then and wondering about a connection--maybe it would be an idea to also post on the Fibro board to see what comments you receive. It never hurts to post in two areas to try to get the most info. Good luck and hugs.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For sure what causes FMS but many have had it appear following all kinds of stressors on the body. I believe that we may be genetically predisposed to some of our illnesses and just about any stressor can trigger them. Have you done the pressure point test? You may have some other illness which mimics FMS. Have you seen a doc knowledgable in our illnesses. If it were me, I would want to be careful, considering what you've been through. Best of luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  4. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

I had brain swelling prior to developing cfids--from a virus.....i just wonder what it really did to me.