Traveling on plane---how do I pack my meds?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Dec 16, 2005.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Hi there,

I will be traveling by plane on Monday to go see my family on the east coast and I am trying to figure out to pack and all of my meds and supplements? I have a pill box but that is full at this point LOL and I still have more to add. I have liquid meds and stuff like that. I know I will be putting them in my carrying on but I just worry about airport security and them taking away my meds.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Nicole
  2. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Keep them in the original bottles and pack in a carryon bag. Put liquid stuff in a ziplock bag. I have traveled with mine. I think they would not take away anything that was a legal drug in an original bottle.

3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

but when I travel I ask my pharmacy for a smaller bottle & a current label so I don't have to take all of my supply.

Say for exanple you just got your meds filled. And instead of taking your brand new bottles for a week or trip, get them in smaller containers--the pharmacy you use should be able to assist with this.

Have a good trip.
  4. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Hi Nicole!

When my husband and I used both plane and train this summer for a two-week vacation, we had a similar situation. I asked our pharmacist for a print-out of all my meds (there were 9 of them including 2 insulins and syringes) plus my husband's blood pressure pills.

Then we each bought two weekly pill containers. Just to be on the safe side, I also packed with my meds, a script from my doctor stating I had to carry syringes on the plane due to diabetes. The only actual prescription bottle I took with me was for my liquid allergy medication.

Since all of this was a bit much to pack into a carry-on bag, I mailed one week containers of our medications & supplements (ahead of time) to our friends out West to make sure the box had arrived before we left home.

We had no problem at any of the airports and had a wonderful trip.

You should be fine & I hope you have a good flight!

Janice
  5. spacee

spacee Member

I think they are looking for things that might injure the plane not illegal drugs.

Anyway, I have a yellow 7 day pill container for MORNINGS! And a white one for night, If you needed more, you might use a blue for nite and white for during the day.

Have a great time.

Spacee
  6. bapakay

bapakay New Member

I have made 2 plane trips in several months and have done it both ways. First trip I took all my meds in original bottles as I had heard that is what you are supposed to do!!
    Next trip I used my travel plastic containers- divided ones, unlabeled. each time I put them in my carry on I would have with me at all times. It did not matter either time so I would say use the plastic divided containers and don't worry about it!!!! Bapakay