Trazadone? 25 mg?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Sep 7, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

Although the ambein CR was working it left me with intense brain fog and anxierty/depression for the past four weeks so I went off it last night. I also only slept for 6 hrs. on it. I took 3 mg of lunesta which use to work for me and it did nothing. I think coming off the ambein also caused this reaction.

Anyways, my dr. wants me to try trazadone tonight. I am just scared I won't sleep again and I am so tired.

Any side effects? He told me I may need to take 50 mg but figured we would start with this. I guess if I don't fall asleep after three hours I can take a second one.

I am just suppose to take it for sleep not during the day for depression.
  2. jennbug

jennbug New Member

taking 25 mg trazadone before going to bed has worked for me for many years. I didn't have any side effects with this drug. jen.
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

Do you eat before taking it or do you wait 2 hrs. after eating/ i found with Lunesta I had to wait 2 hrs. to take it.

I did not realize you could take ambein and traz together. How much ambein do you take? The regular ambein made me hallucinate but the ambein cr did not.

How many hrs. on average for people that take the traz do you get?
  4. connieaag

connieaag New Member

My daughter started on 25 mg and then after about 6 weeks had to go to 50 mg for the same results. She noticed a better night's sleep immediately though with the 25mg. Good Luck, she (and I) think it's been a real help along with the Prozac in the morning for depression too.
  5. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I've been taking it for over a year. I found that 25mg made me hung over all day so I actually went to a 1/4 pill and then worked my way back up to the 25mgs. But if you don't HAVE to do anything tomorrow and are desperate for sleep I'd take the whole pill. Besides I think I'm really overly sensitive to a lot of drugs.

Good luck!
  6. jane32

jane32 New Member

It's so funny b/c everyone talks about how sensitive they are..yet I feel like I need extra doses of things to make them work..so werd b.c I only weigh 115!

I am excited to try it..anything to make me sleep longer and deeper. Something has to work!
  7. GBHope

GBHope New Member

25 mg trazadone and was already on lorazepam now at 0.5 mg. I didn't sleep to bad last night.

GBHope
  8. encantare

encantare New Member

I take 50 mgs a night and couldn't sleep without it...believe me...I'VE TRIED! I have also taken the second one a few hours later. I don't have any side effects, but know that the first week I felt a little groggy in the morning. I recommend taking in on the weekend if you're working so you can see how it works.

Good luck and get some sleep!