Trazadone and lorazepam

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Sep 5, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Saw my rheumatologist today about pain and sleep, mostly sleep. I told him I was already on lorazepam for sleep, but needed it tweaked a little bit, so he gave me trazadone to take as well. Anyone have any luck with either of these for sleep?

GBHope
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy Member

I've just been put on a combo of Klonopin and Trazodone - I had been cycling many different meds and was taking higher and higher doses for sleep.

I'll let you know how I go.

Love Bunchy xxx
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

takes that combination. When I see him in three months if this isn't working, maybe that would be something he might try. I just want to sleep. I have been sleeping better on the lorazepam, but not as good as I need to be. Let's keep our fingers crossed it works for both of us.

GBHope
  4. renoqueen

renoqueen New Member

I've been on that combination for several years. I am tweeking the lorazapam on my own.Find that .5 mg. with the trazadone works better than 1 or 2 mg. as it was prescribed. I often worry about taking either of these meds long term. My GP prescribed it but my rheumie thinks I shouldn't take it regularly....don't know what to think.
  5. GBHope

GBHope New Member

what dosage are you taking? I'm to take 0.5 lorazepam and 25 mg trazadone working up to 50 mg. Do you sleep?

GBHope
  6. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

i have been taking lorazapam for about 10 years. I have severe anziety so i take 1mg 3 times a day. i sometimes take 2 if i need it. i have never taken trazadone, but i have taken antidepressants. i don't like them. i feel depression for me comes from having many emotional problems and can be overcome with changing my environmental situations. like watching comedy, etc. taking lorazapam helps me to not get so worked up about things which used to consume every monent of me day. (i was scared all of the time, of everything)

i was traumatize as a teenager and that was when it all started, although i never had medicine until about 20 years later. i just suffered horribly.

to me lorazapam is a dream come true...it also helps with my fibro.

i take ambien for sleeping...and it also works very well, although not as well since i was diagnosed with fibro.

hope this helps...just wanted to add...be careful of antidepressants. i've had problems with them and my sister ended up in the psyc ward because of them. she's ok now thank God.
  7. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I have been on Klonapin 1 mg. and Trazadone 25mg. and it works very well, or as well as can be expected.

However, I do not, with my knowledge of lorazepam, think that the two would be a good combination.
  8. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Just curious. I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

GBHope
  9. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

besides having this dd i work as a rn through a nursing agensy a few nights a week. i'm not on these 2 meds, i'm on several others just not these 2, but i have patients on them all the time. they seem to work very well with relatively few side effects. you should do well on them.
    i hope this helps.
    rachel
  10. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I tried the trazodone last night and I woke up all night long because I was so nervous about taking it. I get really paranoid when starting anything new. I have heard that there is a low incidence of side-effects with these though and I tolerated the lorazepam real well before starting the trazodone. I just don't know how I like it yet because I feel like crap anyone because I have a cold.

GBHope
  11. grannyjan

grannyjan New Member

I take 50mg of Trazodone, with 2mg of Lunesta each night and for me its been a miracle. Wake up at a decent time and do not feel drugged.

Granny Jan
  12. GBHope

GBHope New Member

because I was already taking the lorazepam and didn't feel drugged up from that. Even though I woke up all night long last night, perhaps due to anxiety or even dropping down on the lorazepam, I was able to go and do my errands today by myself, so that's a good sign.

GBHope
  13. mamagood

mamagood New Member

Yes, I've taken Trazodone for years for sleep. I tried ambien and I felt hung over all day whenever I took it. So I stick with the Trazodone. I only take it, when I'm in a flare up cause I know that my sleep pattern is almost none existant.

Hope this helps you.

Moe