Trazadone last night my experience-normal?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Sep 8, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

So I finally took it. I was perscribed the 25 mg dose but the dr. said I would probably go up to 50. I took it at 11:00 and by 2:00 I still was not asleep. So I took 1/2 of another 25 with food and I feel asleep for 2 hrs. I had a crazy dream that woke me up in a panic. Then I just felt really drugged for the next 8 hrs. I had about four dreams woke up after each one. I am now starting to wake up but I either have the start of a cold or the med clogged me up...which would make me feel worse. Just not sure..

ANyways, people that take this do you feel this drugged? Did you sleep all the way through? I guess I can give it another try tonight with just a straight dose of 40 mg again with food. I was amazed the 25 did nothing and I can't believe just 15 mg more made me sleep. I am just not sure what I think about it yet.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2006]
  2. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I took it, and although it made me feel drugged I woke up every hour for the first few hours and had weird dreams. I was just on 25 mg.

I liked the LUnesta, but had to wean off after two weeks of stomach pain. It also left a terrible aftertaste. It was the only med that actually worked for sleep, but the side affects weren't worth it.

I go to bed around 8 and sleep until 3 am. Then off and on until 6 am. Even in my sleep, though, I feel the malaise.

I stopped worrying about getting enough sleep. I am on medical leave, so I take a nap during the day if I need it. Once I stopped worrying about getting sleep, it got better. Anxiety just makes everything so much worse. I keep telling myself, this too, shall pass. I will improve in time.

CherylSue
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

Yeah Lunesta was really good for me in the beginning then just stopped working.

I am going to start seeing a therapist and hypnosis guru in the coming weeks. I think that will help. My anxiety is through the roof with my sleep so I know that is not helping.

I tried to go off everything a month ago but that landed me in the ER. I got no sleep for 5 nights! so that is when they started the ambein CR which made me an emotional mess. I might just try the lunesta again tonight at 3 mg. I did the other day and it did not do much.

I wish I could take a nap during the day but even as a kid my mom said I couldn't. I just lay there.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2006]
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

It did that to me the first night with waking up all night long and I felt drugged up all day. I hope you have better luck tonight. Let us know.

GBHope
  5. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

I've been taking it for a couple of years now but I remember when I first started taking it that I had terrible nightmares for about a week, also didn't sleep through the night. I also started taking my pain pill at the same time as the Trazodone and that helped. You just have to find what works for you. I don't have the drugged feeling anymore, but my husband does. He started taking it a couple of months ago and is just now sleeping several hours at a stretch. He doesn't have FM but is several months post heart surgery. Hope this helps.

Judy