Trazadone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Anyone have success with Trazadone?
  2. achy

achy New Member

I took it for about 2 yrs. It won't end the pain but it usually reduces it for most people.

I took it for so long I maxed out on the doseage and had to stop taking it for a while.

Just make sure you eat when taking it!
    achy
  3. happygranny

happygranny Member

Hello Empower,

I have been using trazedone for sleep for about 3 years. I started at 50 mgs at bedtime and now take 100mgs. It does help me sleep which is so important, but doesn't do anything for other symptoms.

The other important thing for sleep for me is Magnesium (500 mgs at bedtime) Vit B 100s and having a peaceful evening. Anytime I get 'stimulated' I wake in the night no matter what meds I take....

happygranny
  4. Kleiners

Kleiners New Member

I have had great success with Traz. I know this now because one night, I forgot to take the med. Wow. Everytime I almost reached a deep sleep, I woke back up. It was one horrific day after that night. I take 50mg each evening before bedtime. It has made all the difference in the world for REM sleep. Nothing for pain, though.

Kris
  5. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I take 150 mgs every night
    Sue
  6. Lurlasgirl

Lurlasgirl New Member

I took trazadone for years -- don't even remember how many - but I THINK from about 1995 until 2004 - and that's a LONG time!

It was very very good for helping me sleep - about the only thing that would work with no bad side effects. During those years, I tried other things of course - but trazadone just always worked. The only reason I don't take it now, is that I don't seem to need it anymore.

I never took more than 50 mgs, and toward the end, was just taking half or a quarter of a 50 mg tablet.
  7. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I must be on it for atleast 10yrs now..........
    I only take 50mg at bedtime - don't know if it does that much for pain, but it still helps with my sleep.......

Love, Donna
  8. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I have been on it maybe 2 years. Some nights I am still awake but most nights it helps me sleep. I haven't had any side effects as of yet. It seems to be mild on them.
  9. abbylee

abbylee New Member

It helped me sleep, but I had to keep increasing the dosage and eventually stopped because it irritated my stomach.

If you've not had a sleep study, you might want to have one. If you have fibromyalgia you probably have a sleep disorder. If you have one, the doctors will know what you need to take for proper sleep.

Once you have good sleep, you should see a reduction in pain.
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Empower:
    I took Trazadone for a while and although it helped with sleep I didn't like the way I felt the next day. However,
    I have heard stories (from an e-mail list) that many people have found relief with it.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  11. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I take it for sleep and to me, it is wonderful! I was getting about 4 hours of sleep before I took it. Now I go to bed about 10:45 or so and don't even wake up to go to bathroom until about 4. Then I go back to bed and sleep until about 6:15 or so. It is wonderful for me and it is a "good" sleep.

Gentle Hugs
  12. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and now am able to sleep for 6 hours without waking up all the time.I have ambien,but I don't feel as refreshed by it and cannot pull out of it to take my pain meds.It puts me in a big flare the next morning.I've only increased the trazadone in the last couple of weeks.I hope it continues.Good luck with yours.Linda