Trazadone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janana, Sep 4, 2003.

1. janana

janana New Member

Has anyone had an adverse reaction to trazadone?? I took 25mg for the first time last night and could not sleep. Altho I was alittle groggy I felt wired. Coud be I've been taking Ambien for so long I was have having trouble sleeping without it. Most people seem to sleep welll with Trazadone. I'm exhausted today from no sleep. Thanks! Janana.PS Im very sensitive to most meds. What knocks most people out speeds me up!!
  2. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Hi there. I used to take Trazadone. It would knock me out in about 15 minutes. It made me real groggy in the am though. Doctor switched me to Norflex. I have a bulging disc. I am finding now that on the nights I do not take it, I can't sleep at all. I hate that we have to rely on a med to help us sleep.I can relate to your med sensitivity. I am the same way. Pain medication that usually relaxes most people, speeds me up. I have to be real careful.
    Hope you find the right med for you.
    tlc8858
  3. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

I GO NIGHTS AT A TIME WITHOUT SLEEPING IF I DON'T TAKE BOTH TRAZODONE AND AMBIEN.I'VE TRIED TO TAKE JUST ONE OR TH OTHER BUT THEY DON'T WORK FOR ME SEPARETLY.MY DOSAGE IS 100 MG OF TRAZODONE AND 10 MG OF AMBIEN.I HAVE TRIED TO CUT BACK AFTER READING SO MUCH ON THIS BOARD ABOUT AMBIEN BUT I GUESS I'M STUCK.

LOVABUGA
  4. KayL

KayL New Member

I had been taking Elavil and Zanaflex for sleep and had to stop the Zanaflex due to hallucinations. I was trying to ease back into it, but the hallucinations returned. When I saw my doc yesterday he changed me to Trazadone. I took 50 mg last night, but I too was wired, but it could have been from the pain meds since I took a double dose when I got home.

Karen
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I only tried Trazadone for one night--50 mg--and it didn't work for me, either, although I know people who said it knocked them right out.
    The night I took it, I didn't fall asleep until about 3 in the morning. I've been taking Tylenol Pm or just diphenhydramine, Natural Calm, and Zoloft, and it has been working well for me so far.
    --kholmes
  6. TourGuideBarbie

TourGuideBarbie New Member

Hi Janana,

I took Trazadone a little while (few weeks) but finally stopped because it started causing insomnia. It was weird, I was tired but simply couldn't get to sleep. Different from my normal insomnia where I would toss and turn for hours. I also started to have trouble with Elavil after I had been taking it for over a year.

I guess some of us just have weird bodies. My doctor is never surprised by this anymore.

She has put me on Imovane now. First night with it was last night, so I will have to wait and see how it is. It is a sleeping pill different from the others I've tried.

Not crazy about actual sleeping pills, but I need to function during the day. There seems to be so many trade offs with this DD.

Well, good luck!
    Tour Guide