trazodone hci

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ponygirl, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

Forgot to mention that my new Dr. gave me trazdone for sleep. Never heard of it. Any body else have anything good or bad to say about it. She gave it to me for sleep which seems to be one of the things that make me feel better.
  2. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

Forgot to mention that my new Dr. gave me trazdone for sleep. Never heard of it. Any body else have anything good or bad to say about it. She gave it to me for sleep which seems to be one of the things that make me feel better.
  3. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

Hi ponygirl,

My favorite drug. I've heard some folks say they don't like it because of the side effects. I haven't noticed any, except, perhaps, weight gain.

I still only sleep 5-6 hours, and a few mornings a week, I awake unrefreshed. But, the other nights, wahooooo! I go on the BEST adventures! My dreams since starting this are EXCELLENT! Exciting, fanciful, sometimes like a good smutty book (;p), always something fun and good. It's almost like since I can't do much during my awake time, my mind(& the drug) make up for it by taking me on exciting vacations when I sleep.

Hope you enjoy it as much.
    Sweet dreams!
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances
  4. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

My worst nightmare come true. Seems nothing is without consequences. I had some pretty vivid dreams last night too. Enjoyed the adventure. Thanks for the input. By the way, when you said weightgain, how much were you talking about??? Today I feel so bloated I took a water pill. Wonder if after 3 days on this it's already creeping up on me? Sweet dreams.
  5. lucky

lucky New Member

or Dyserel is a great help for sleep. I have been taking it for many years and sleep 7 to 8 hrs. most of the nights. It was one of a very valuable addition to my meds, to get some rest during the night. However, I believe I gained all the weight on Tricyclic meds and lateron on the SSRI's which I believe Trazadone is one as well.
    Good luck, Lucky
  6. Lanie

Lanie New Member

And I sleep like a baby 85% of the time. Before I started it, I barely slept at all and when I did, it was off and on all night. I still am drowsy during the day, but that usually isn't so bad if I make myself get going early.
    Hope this helps,
    Lanie
  7. hope4

hope4 New Member

I cannot go to sleep and stay asleep without it. Trazodone is an anti-anxiety medication which works also well as a sleep medication. The only side effect I've had is dry mouth. I've been taking it for about 6 mos. I take 1-2 at bed time. If I do awake during the night, it doesn't take long to fall back to sleep. I'm not staring at the ceiling to 5:00am waiting to go back to sleep.

I think it is great!

8. monom

monom Member

It is an antidepressant and helps for asleep as well.

It has been mentioned may times for insomnia in CFIDS.See cdc treatment for CFIDS.

I hope you will do better.

Monom

[This Message was Edited on 10/20/2002]
  9. toots2

toots2 New Member

In my opinion, there is nothing better for sleep. I've tried ambien, sonata, which are hynotics, of course, and hated the way they made me feel. It was like somebody knocked me in the head when I took it. Would sleep a few hours and be awake for the rest of the night. Not with trazadone. I get 8-9 hours of straight sleep almost every night. I think it does make me tired the next day but I'm going to be tired anyway so what the heck, at least I'm sleeping. Hope it works for you. Toots