Trazodone question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Aug 17, 2006.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

I've read alot of back post on this medication... I started on it at a 25mg dose 2 nights ago. Last night I fell asleep at 10ish and was up at 11ish. I fell back to sleep until 2:30. Then I fell back to sleep until 5ish then had lots of trouble going back to sleep.

I got 2 "sessions" of 3 hours last night and was definatly not as "restless" as usual. Does this medication take some time to build up or should it be a "once you start taking it you feel the affect" drug. I did wake up in less pain than normal and my back was not killing me like it always does. I take that as a possitive sign.

I figured I'd give it a week or so before seeing if I need to go up on the dosage. I go for my evaluation tonight for my water therapy. Hopefully they don't poke and prod too much as I'm just getting over the exam on Tuesday!
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

CCZUB:

When I took Trazadone for sleep many years ago it knocked me out the first night.

Just my experience.

I am now on Restoril for sleep. So far, so good.

nyrofan
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

You might need a higher dose. The only problem is it can cause a hangover feeling until you get used to it. It does not need to build up in your system.

You are probably feeling better because you got sleep. I dont think it helps with pain.

I was eventually up to 400 mg of it after years of taking it and was able to go off sleeping meds.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  4. cczub

cczub New Member

I figured the sleep was the reason for the decrease in pain this morning. The energy and lessened pain lasted a few hours.. I'm already sleepy and sore but that's cause I'm busy at work today! :(..

At least the sleep helped with some of the morning stiffness. At least I had a somewhat possitive result so far. It's the first possitive result for any meds that I've tried in the past year. I also know that 1 night of better than normal sleep also doesn't fix 2 years or crappy sleep!
  5. CHefPaula1965

CHefPaula1965 New Member

I take 100 mg and it works great...........
    they just took me down from 150.... because i was feeling
    groggy in the morning.......... I have less groggyness but wake up after about 7.5 hrs of sleep... can't sleep in!!
    It is good to start slow on this med though.
    Paula
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It took a while for it to work on me,but it works,Linda
  7. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

And it worked well. I am up to 150mg and have been for a year and I think I have become immune to it. Because I am back to having problems sleeping. I am now trying Pamelor. Just started it last night guess we will see. But I never had any side effects or anything on the TRzadone. Wish it still worked for me. If this new drug bothers me I may stop all sleep aides for awhile and try it again after awhile.
  8. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I have taken it for several years and i don't know what i would do without it.

Some nights are better than others but i do fall asleep in a hurry and if it wasn't that the bathroom calls, i would sleep straight through the night.

Good Luck and a Good Nights Sleep

Gentle Hugs,

Joan
  9. lucky

lucky New Member

I am on 100 mg and have been taking it for many years. You probably have to go up a little to get better sleep. I don't wake up during the night and sleep right through until 7:00 or 7:30 a.m., it is a blessing.

Best wishes, Lucky
  10. cczub

cczub New Member

I had a bad day yesterday and went for my PT eval... I took a whole dose last night (50mg) and boy what a difference. I slept from 10:30 til 4:30 this morning. I can't remember the last time I got 6 hours of sleep. For the second day in a row my pain has been less in the morning. By 11 yesterday the pain was back in full force but it's nice not having it so bad in the morning. It makes it a little easier to actually get out of bed.

Thanks for all the feedback.
  11. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I have tried Trazodone a few times but the effect wears off within a few days.

How come everyone else doesn't seem to have that problem?

I would love it to work as I want to reduce my sleeping pills. I have gone up to 150mg in the past but still no help after a few days :-(

Love Bunchy x
  12. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

6 good hrs.I find that when i wake up at 4am ,I usually am in pain,I take my morning meds and get another 3 hrs of sleep.Linda
  13. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Ccsub,

I have taken Trazadone for about a year, 50mgs. My Pain Management doc put me on Elavil 10mgs with it.....Well, now I take Flexeril 3 times a day....So at bedtime I take,Trazadone, Elavil and Flexeril...I did sleep like a log....but stating to toss and turn again....seems we get a tolorance to the meds..
    Cindy
  14. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

I sleep like a baby now every night. I never thought this was a possibility for me...ever. I take 37.5mg/night and I wake up refreshed and feeling better than I had before. I was worried about being dependant on any medication to sleep, but I have realized that this is much better than not sleeping at all.

And the best part is, it's one of the cheapest drugs I've ever been Rxed.