Trazodone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hurts2003, Aug 20, 2003.

1. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

I posted a message last week asking sbout Paxil. Don't ever want to take that again. I took it from Weds. - Sat. and didn't take anymore. It gave me hard headackes, dizziness, blurred vision.

I went back to dr. today and he put me on trazodone 50mg starting tonight. I read some post from last week about the drozziness. I was taking 100mg of elavil and it won't even make me sleep good at night. After 4 1/2 yrs it gave me panic attacks at night after I slept for about an hour.

Dose Trazodone give you any side effects of weight gain or low sex drive? I've been off the elavil for 2 months and I've lost 10 lbs. and finally got my sex drive back. My husband could not be happier(HAHA). I hope it lasts, we are going on our 2nd honeymoon (17th Anniv.) to Cape Hatteras, NC in Sept.
  2. lmn

lmn New Member

Unfortunately, Trazadone caused both weight gain and low sex drive for me. I'd say I gained about 20 lbs in 2 yrs, and had virtually no interest in sex during that time. Could just be me....I hope you fair better!! Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! :)

lmn
  3. tnnanatx

tnnanatx New Member

I used to take Elavill 100mg also for years. My DR switched me to trazodone about 2mo ago. I have lost weight and I have no sexual drive. I take alot of other medicine's that could be effecting me though. Happy Anv.

Soft Hugs,
    Trudi
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2003]
  4. fibrodoll

fibrodoll New Member

I also stopped elavil(weight gain) and am now taking trazadone. I have lost 15 pounds so far. My sex drive isn't the greatest but I do take other meds. I also hurt most of the time which doesn't make me feel real sexy. Valerie