Treadmill question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hi everyone!!!! Does anybody have a NO INCLINE treadmill that costs under $200.00? I see these expensive treadmills on TV all the time, but my funds are extremely limited and I can't afford those $600.00 treadmills. I have seen a few that are cheaper, but, they have an incline which I definately can not tolerate. I do walk outside in the summer because we have a park nearby, but come October when the weather gets cold around here, I'm stuck. Do any of you have this problem? PS, I know this problem might seem trivial, but flat walking really does help my fibro. Thanks, Hugs, Chelz.
  2. j-bearmama

j-bearmama New Member

you can get one for around $100.
    the self propelled, rather than electric ones are better on the budget and YOU make it go, not the machine.
    SO better exercise.
    I had calf pain from the incline so I put books under the back end to make it level. no more calf pain.

Good luck, and remember, it's not there to collect dust or hold your jacket. ( trust me we all do it)

:)

Jbear
  3. jka

jka New Member

have you tried a used one?i bought mine at target on sell for 350.we got there charge card and got 10%off that.

kathy c
  4. AnnG

AnnG New Member

a used one that a lady advertised in the paper. It can be flat or inclined (most are this way). Or buy from Sears when they are having one of their many 0% sales. If you pay it off in a year...no interest! I would be remiss though, if I didn't mention that most physical therapists HATE treadmills and think they do more harm than good. (Another great excuse for me not to use mine!)
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

It had a steep incline, so I put a block of wood under it to make it flat. I have to keep my hands on the bars. If I swing them, the machine shakes too much because of being up on a block. I don't get enough of a heart work-out without the incline, but the incline killed my lower back to the point I had to have a cortisone injection. A slower speed also helped my back hurt less.
    I think you can find a used one that cheap and then prop up the back if you have to.
    Klutzo