Treatable cancer misdiagnosed as fibromyalgia.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrlondon, May 14, 2009.

1. mrlondon

mrlondon Member

I've read too many stories lately of people being diagnosed with fibromyalgia, when they actually had something else. Here's another case:

- Mark[This Message was Edited on 05/14/2009]
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

that it took TWO YEARS for her to get a proper diagnosis. All the more reason why we absolutely need to be our own health advocates, do our own research, and keep asking questions.

3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

what is the title of the article? I can't get it show up with the http
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

5. cfsgeorge

cfsgeorge New Member

I would gladly trade my disabling incurable CFS for a life-threatening disease like stage 4 multiple myeloma anyday! I'm willing to risk it all to get it all back!

On the tv show "mystery diagnosis", a lady suffered from extreme pain and disabling fatigue for years. She was diagnosed with FM and spent $15K at a fibro clinic. She did not get any better and finally got a good doc to diagnose her properly as Hashimoto's. Every patient on the show says never to give up and to find the doc that can eventually help you.

One thing about mis-diagnoses of FM is just negligent cuz you need 11/18 tenderpoints to have FM not just pain.Also, the P blood test would seal the diagnosis. how do docs these days still misdiagnose FM? This is negligence and not excusable. must have lotsa "dumb" docs out there.