Treating Systemic Candida Infection

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LittleBluestem, Oct 26, 2005.

1. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Which of the non-prescription anti-fungals would work well for treating a candida infection that has migrated to other parts of the body besides the digestive system.
  2. LittleBluestem

for all of the input.

I am SLOWLY starting on probiotics. I have a super-duper, several species, billions of organisms brand and I can only take it once every few days. I may get some plain acidophilus the next time I am at the health food store.

Will probiotics get rid of yeast in places other than the digestive system? I used to get sinus infections regularly. I an now able to avoid the infections, but have almost constant post-nasal drip. I am wondering if I have a sinus yeast infestation.
  3. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Did you have to do the diet too? And did you avoid fruit? How long till you saw improvements?
    I just bought a probiotic and garlic tablets....do you take them at the same time? Thanks!! Shelbo
  4. LittleBluestem

some garlic is in order. I think I will go the cheap, real garlic route.
  5. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

i have heard that pau d'arco and probiotics will only get rid of the candida in the gut not the systemic stuff. is this true?
  6. LittleBluestem

Last spring you said you were thinking about detoxing neurotoxins with chitosan. Did you try it? If so, how did it go?
  7. keke466

keke466 New Member

of garlic pills do you use. I dont want to smell like garlic. LOL.. Also what is the name of probiotic you use and where do I get it?
    Thanks, Keke
  8. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

i am taking pau d'arco with caprylic acid and threelac. it seems to be working as i am having quite bad die-off reaction at the moment - i seem to hate everyone and everything, not in a psychotic i am going to kill you way but a quiet simmering resentment way. i also ache all over. not very nice but at least i know it means its working.

candida is an ongoing battle for me. i dont really struggle with the food sideof the diet but its not drinking beer and wine that i find difficult. i can go several weeks without a beer but its very difficult to cut it out entirely - especially when i love going to the pub so much.

there is a nutritionalist in london who sells threelac who claims that pau d'arco and caprylic acid only work in the stomach and for systemic candida you need something called canherb. has anyone else tried this?

i also have a theory that for me stress plays just as big a part in the spread of candida as diet. when ii get stressed my immune system doesnt work at all well and this is when the candida can overwhelm my system. i recently had two or three months of almost constant stress and it was then that the candida became a real problem again.

i havent tried grapeseed yet - i might give it a go.