Treatment at FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Jul 7, 2006.

1. namow

namow New Member

I need some help here. I just went to my second visit to FFC about 2 weeks ago so I'm fairly new at this. Actually I have to wait for results of the second group of tests.

In the first group I found out that my thyroid antibodies were high, I was taking synthroid and was told before that my tests were normal taking that dose. Also found out that my hormones were out of balance.

My doctor told me that I had to change the way thyroid was treated and put me on T3 which I started very slow. I think this is affecting me tremendously.

Also was put on several pills that I take every day but I am experiencing diarrhea and a lot of stomach discomfort.

The worse part is that I am getting WORSE, I am getting depressed, more fatigued, pain in places that I didn't even hurt before.....in general just feel MISERABLE!

Did anyone else who has gone through this treatments at FFC have gone through the same?

PLEASE HELP, I don't know if I can handle this!
  2. namow

namow New Member

Thanks for your answer, it gives me some hope.

How long did it take for the T3 to start working??

Hugs!
  3. namow

namow New Member

4. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

You may need to take the supplements very slowly. I had to start over and take one at a time, spacing them out over days. Sounds slow, but this is the best way to do it. I was very sick when I thought that I should have been energized. All of our bodies are different. I can only actually use a few of the several supplements that were suggested. The doctor was very good about understanding my sensitive system.

This is not a one size fits all- our bodies will react differently. Just go back and start again- slowly...This will also apply when you start antivirals or ABX if necessary. I will tell you everything about my experience if it will help you. Keep in touch- you are not alone.

You can do it- just don't rush yourself.
  5. namow

namow New Member

I think I have to really slow down because this is getting me too sick. Thanks for the advice.!!!
    Hugs!
  6. JolieLuLu

JolieLuLu New Member

7. namow

namow New Member

I am so exhausted I can't even type.
    I will try tomorrow!
    Hugs
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

It is very normal to feel worse. I felt worse everytime I started something new but after about 6 months I started to feel better fast. I am feeling really good now and am in maintenence. They probably told you up front it may take 6 months to a year and if you have Lymes maybe longer. If you are feeling worse than you can handle there are some things they can give you to relieve the Herx symptoms or they can slow your treatment down. It has helped me to imagine a battle for my body going on between the bad guys (EBV and mycoplasma) and the good guys. Itried to keep my mind on the end game. Hang in there.

Regards,
    Lynn