Treatment for Candida. Has anyone been cured?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 57Wagon, Nov 15, 2005.

1. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

I have seen a lot of posts about Candida. My question is has anyone actually been cured of their CFS/FM by being treated for Candida?
  2. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

in immuno-deficient people (candida is very common in those with HIV too), the body does not keep the natural balance of yeast in check. so the candida is a complication of CFS/FM. beating the yeast won't cure the CFS/FM (in my opinion, those that state otherwise, never had CFS/FM to begin with). conversely curing the immune defect that causes CFS/FM, would theoretically cure the yeast problem. but for most of us, keeping the yeast in check is an ongoing battle until the body is able to fight for itself again.

eddie
  3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I think a combination of things is making me feel better and the Candida treatment is one of those things. I don't think anyone think will cure FM or CFS. BUT my Ibs and constpation issues totally cleared up in 4 or 5 days. Lynn
  4. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

So far nothing has come up on my tests at the FFC except Candida. Can Candida alone make you fatigued? Yes, I know people who have gotten better on treatment. The candida was supressing their immune system.

Could there be something genetic or a mysterious virus causing what I have? Maybe. I think it depends on the person.

I'm hopeful though. I've been on more antibiotics in my 27 years than anyone. I used to eat all pasta, bread, candy.
    I was doing better on my second week of Diflucan until I got a sinus infection and am back on anti's. So hopefully it will help.