Treatment in Germany?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cbella, Jan 7, 2005.

1. cbella

cbella New Member

I know of people, in the past, who have gone to Germany for treatment of diseases like MS and cancer, that they can't get in the US. Does anyone know of such treatments for FM? My son is living in Germany for one more year and if there was any advancement over there, I could make the trip. Any suggestions? cbella
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I know NOTHING about Germany, however.

There is a possibility that I will be visiting there sometime in 2005.

My son is leaving for Iraq the end of this month for 13 months. When he has his two weeks leave, we want to join him for three or four days. He's married and want to give he and his wife time alone. From there we want to travel to Ireland.

IF (and it is a BIG if) this happens, it will be quite a trip.....I don't travel well....it would be easier to swim...

cbella, why is your son there, does he know of any treatments?

Fondly, June
  3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

bumping for cbella
  4. annedan

annedan New Member

but I won't write you the details because I dont know if its really working and dont want to publish this doctor. my friend found out about it when she searched the internet and has an appointment for next september(05). she is the only person that i know that she really has fms and if it will work i will believe it. I spoke with some people in israel that claim that they recovered after the surgery but i dont knoe them and can't be sure they have a true story.
  5. maja_sp

maja_sp New Member

I know at least two doctors in Germany who might be able to help. Let me know, if you want to know more.
    Greetings,
    Maja
    (used to live in Germany until Dec. 2003)
  6. KerryK

KerryK Member

There is a Dr. Bauer who has developed a peripheral surgery for FMS. See www.fms-bauer.com. I understand that he also has an office in Switzerland.

Good luck.