treatment suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ma2alex, Jan 15, 2006.

1. ma2alex

ma2alex New Member

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired! You know what I mean? I have a one year old and plan to have more kids and I need to get better. I have been researching treatment options and was wondering if anyone has heard of Dr Ammand and the guai treatment? Or the fibromyalgia and fatigue treatment centers? Or any other treatment options? Thanks!
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Do asearch for FFC in the search box and you will find an awful lot of info for the ffc centers.

Jake
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi, I'm doing this (as are several people here) as nothing else has worked so far. You need to follow Dr St Amand's book 'What your doctor may not tell you about fibromyalgia' very very closely, & be careful to use recommended form of Guai as they don't all work.The ones sold here are fine.

Dr A has another book with the same title but the word 'fatigue' on the end; this is more about his low carb diet for those of us :-( who are also hypoglycemic.

Avoiding salicylates is essential to this protocol. The book will guide you. There's a list of toiletries & dental products that you can use on your Guai group website. They alo have a message board where you can get expert help with any questions.

Dr A believes that CFS & fibro are the same illness.
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Go to the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers (FFC) website at fibroandfatigue dot com. You can call their 800 number and have them send you an info packet, and ask them any questions you may have.

I've been sick since 2000, and just started treatment in 2005 at FFC. They do extensive testing, and look for underlying causes. They use an integrated treatment approach.

You can do a search on this forum for FFC to find out what people have to say. For me, it's going to take some time, but I'm confident that I will be able to get my life back. They have finally gotten to the root of my illness when no one else did...Lyme Disease.

Good luck with finding the treatment that you need.
    Hopeful4