Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by toda, Sep 12, 2012.

1. toda

toda New Member

Hello, wondering if any one has a trembling/tremor condition? I am not 50y.o. yet. My tremor mostly in the left hand, some in the right. My head bobs as well. I have been told by the neurologist that it is essential tremor. I wondered if any one else has this in combination with all the symptoms of fibromyalgia: pain, muscle stiffness, gastro troubles, extreme weakness, emotional troubles, sleep problems. I dont want to invite trouble, yet I wondered about the beginning stages of Parkinsons. Thanks!
  2. artguard

artguard Member

I have the same problem, Parkinsons and Dystonia were ruled out. My head bothers me the most because any stress I feel is more noticable. Increasing propanolol seems to help but we'll see.
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I saw a chinese acupuncturist today for the first time, mainly because of terrible neck/shoulder pain and my head tremors. My mom had essential tremors for at least 40 years so I assumed that's what was happening to me. It can be an inherited thing.

The acupuncturist thinks it's severe muscle spasms so she's working on releasing the tension in the muscles. Could you also this this problem?

And it's really bad when I'm stressed!!!! My head just pulls to the left and as I get to a certain point while turning it, my head starts to shake.[This Message was Edited on 09/12/2012]
  4. toda

toda New Member

I do have a nice muscle knot on my right shoulder. However my head tremors are the yes-yes and no-no movements. I am not sure what makes the hands and head worse, although I do react to stress in a negative way! Thank you for the input, I like to get as much info as I can.
  5. toda

toda New Member

I am not on propanolol, I have raynauds in my hands (not very bad) read that propanolol can increase the symptoms.I probably read too much! The neurologist did not put me on that. I am concerned about the head issues too. I am glad they found you dont have those two conditions. Thanks for replying!
  6. toda

toda New Member

Hi, I am actually trying to take as little medicines and supplements as possible. I have backed off to minimum. I want to get an honest assesment of my condition.I have found myself on numerous prescriptions, then trying assorted supplements and vitamins. I want to be able to tell my dr. about symptoms and not have added reactions from taking meds or supplements. I also have asthma and hypothyroidism(levels ok) so I need to be careful with what I take. I appreciate your input!
  7. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

All of those symptoms, including tremors, can be caused by a chronic Borrelia burgdorferi infection (Lyme Disease).

Unfortunately, the tests for Lyme disease are very unreliable. Many people get a negative test result even when they really do have Lyme Disease.

The bacteria that causes Lyme Disease is a spirochete, which infects the brain along with any other body systems and organs.

Please read this info which contains a symptom list:

Also, please read:

Have you had a western blot done through Igenex lab in CA?

An even newer, more reliable test is now available through Advanced Labs in PA:

8. sascha

sascha Member

was diagnosed some years ago. before that was diagnosed with spasmodic dysphonia; a form of dystonia.

my tremors are in my head, jaw, and neck and affect my speech.

i have me/cfids, mainly, but also some fm. lots of symptoms come and go. i keep gastro symptoms pretty well under control when i stay on a clean diet which for me means no grains, dairy, eggs- very little sugar- sometimes a little honey. it's surprising how wonderful such a diet can be, and i'm a foody, so i wouldn't like about that.

Dr. Terry Wahls has book out and there's a lot of inf online about her and how she overcame MS through coming up with diet for her health. it's a modification of Caveman diet. anyway- that's one way to work on yourself. best diet can help strengthen all things including emotional well-being.

i also often go on about EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) that can help on all fronts. has helped me immensely. lots of inf about it online and at

never give up the fight! we can make gains! good luck- Salome
  9. neoplus1

neoplus1 Member

internal type tremor feeling. I don't really shake on the outside but feel it under my skin. It is a very strange feeling but yet again have heard of a lot of people with fibro have it. What is about fibro and ME/CFS that they seem to contain so many possible symptoms?

It makes it difficult because because the internal tremor feels almost like an uneasy restless type feeling. Meditation has been helping it though.
  10. toda

toda New Member

nanie46, Thank you for this information, the websites do talk about the proper testing, one even gives info on the re-imbursement for the cost of the test(if you qualify). I am seeing the dr. next week and I will mention this to her as my symptoms match many listed on their list.
  11. toda

toda New Member

Hi jaminhealth, thank you for info. Isnt the grape seed extract a natural antibiotic as well(or is that olive leaf)? Are there any side effects? Do you recommend any high quality, reputable names for supplements? I am leary of getting something that was shipped in from somewhere not regulated. thanks!
  12. toda

toda New Member

Sascha, oh yes, about my diet(or lack of a consistent healthy one). I usually last about three days, not long enough to tell longlasting effects.I know, I know the meaning of insanity is doing the same (wrong) thing over and over again and expecting different(good) results! I like the premise of the cave man diet:fruits, veggies and plenty of protein-meat. just have to stop being so weak in the executing of it. Well i do have to say the cost has something to do with it as well. I will look up the book you spoke about. Thanks for passing it on.
  13. toda

toda New Member

gb66, yes I would rather have ET than Parkinsons. I too am amazed?frustrated sometimes at the many strange symptoms. Then some of the conditions/syndromes mimic each other. Well I know I could have it much worse, still don't wish it on anyone. Have the best day possible:)
  14. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Thanks for looking over the info.

Please keep in mind that 99% of Dr's are not Lyme literate and therefore will not believe that you have chronic lyme.

They likely will try to tell you that you do not need that testing and that, if anything, they will order a standard ELISA (worthless Lyme Screen) through a lab like LabCorp or Quest....and that's a total waste of time.

My best advice is to bite the bullet and find a Lyme Literate MD and have a thorough evaluation done. He will order the testing.

You can find a LLMD by going to on flash discussion....sign up for on "Seeking a Doctor" on "Post New Topic" and create a post asking for a LLMD in your state. You will receive a private message with info.

Not every state has LLMD's. Many people travel to see one. Thank God I did or I might not even be here.
  15. toda

toda New Member

hello gb66. We could be twins!! I also had a head mri done w/o contrast a couple of years ago. I had a small cyst on the pineal gland. Dr said it was harmless. I have had ocular headaches, took low doses of topamax, weaned myself off that after a while. Now I see the squiggly lines(mainly in my left eye), but rarely have the vision of water running down a window pane or partial temporary blindness. I have had many of the strange symptoms and diagnoses, raynauds,ocualr migraines,heart palpitations, hypothryoidism, fibromyalgia, asthma. The tremors are the latest. Sounds like many suffer these and additional symptoms. Oh and I have allergies too, yes sounds like we are allergic to our bodies:). Thanks for responding, who knows, maybe one day they will get a more definite answer to these conditions.
  16. IanH

IanH Active Member

Physiological tremor is normal in people varying with neurological stressors including immunologically induced inflammatory response. It is more exaggerated in PD, MS, Alzheimers etc. It is also quite commonly exaggerated in ME and FM and MCS. All of the people I know and treat for ME have exaggerated physiological tremor. Some people have it exaggerated while eating and even sitting on the toilet. Many say it decreases on general application of heat.

I have found that magnesium (400mg daily) along with the energy increasing protocol (vit B12, CoQ10, Acetyl carnitine and folinic acid) is very successful in reducing the tremor to barely noticable in ME and FM.