tremors and involuntery body movements

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ginirhodes, Mar 7, 2011.

1. ginirhodes

ginirhodes New Member

Does this happen to anyone, my head will jerk or my shoulder or hand or feet even things on the inside wil jerk also. I have tremors on the inside of my body.

It is always something new with this stuff!

Calgon take me away......
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Have them all the time. Periodic limb movement. I've even had my stomach jerk - THAT's a weird feeling.

Not uncommon.
  3. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I have these, too; I also have complex partial seizures from CFS... they make me very, very weak for hours/days.

If only Calgon could take us away! lol

4. luigi21

luigi21 Member

yep, really common with fibro, horrible sensation, i get it most the more tired my body is usually in evening or when i go to bed, arms, head, neck, hand, most annoying. periodic limb movements as well as restless legs come with the territory, although some meds can make it worse, gabapentin at a higher dose increased jerky limb movements, and amitripyline causes twitching. hope that helps, just have to watch when your holding a cup of coffee!
  5. roge

roge Member

yes, i have fm and me/cfs and get sleep onset jerks (ie. arm will jerk out in lightening like fashion, or leg or even stomach crunch or even whole body- fun stuff for sure). also get some in the day when awake but mostly at sleep onset. started over 5 years ago and for first few months had severe anxiety about them (note: anxiety was not causing them) but as they have not progressed or worsened, now i just live with them. to tell you the truth, they are my least disabling symptom. it is the fatigue, pain and hypoglycemia that are most disabling.
  6. ginirhodes

ginirhodes New Member

You know I hate to say it but, I feel better knowing somebody understands what I am going through. Sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind and thats only when I can remember it. I can't get my own husband to understand FM along w/all the other things I suffer with. It is a lonely desease. He will never know what goes on with me. My cymbalta and Baclofen makes me feel so crappy. Thank you so much for the input

God bless you my friend.

love the cup of coffee line. lol
  7. ginirhodes

ginirhodes New Member

Thank you for your comment It really helped

I'll pray for you.
  8. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

For me, this symptom is due to a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme).

Symptom list is in this excellent booklet...
  9. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Internal tremors are a classic symptom of Lyme disease. One of the things that made me realize something else was going on besides M.E. or Fibromyalgia.

My involuntary movements are usually on one side of my body which is apparently very common. It started in my neck and then made its way downward. FM made me jerk but nothing like this, and it made me weak and shaky but never internal tremors.

I also take baclofen and various things but if you're not treating the source problem things will only progress. Lots of things can cause involuntary movements but the internal tremor thing concerns me. Do investigate Lyme disease as a possible perpetuator of your illness; I'd at least get a Western Blot done. You can ask your doctor for it and get a copy of the results.

Good luck

10. ginirhodes

ginirhodes New Member

Thank very much for the information. I will definitly check that out

Thanks again