Tremors and passing out???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luvmystang, Sep 28, 2005.

1. luvmystang

luvmystang New Member

Copied over from another post I made Looking for answers....

I am undergoing a series of extensive tests not only for the Fibro but because in the beginning of August I had a right hand tremor that lasted about 2 hours during which time I became unconscious and was taken to the ER.

My CT and MRI of the brain so far came back fine and the EKG at the hospital were fine also. Blood tests did not show diabetis either. I had a lumbar puncture on Monday and Friday will go for an EEG, VEP, BAER and a halter monitor for 24 hrs for my heart.

The tremor comes and goes, only in the right hand and definetly more noticable when I am in pain or tired.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Lisa
  2. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

Lisa,

I had the same symptoms with encephalitis from West Nile Virus. Right hand tremor, normal ECG, and blacking out. Be sure to tell them to check for West Nile when they do the spinal tap.

You don't have to have a fever to have West Nile and the brain injury can be very subtle. Many people do not make blood antibodies for up to 3 months after they're bitten, but I think it usually shows up in spinal fluid.

Jan
  3. luvmystang

luvmystang New Member

Woah - thanks a bunch will call the neuro.

Again thanks!