Tremors could it be Fibromyalgia??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lightswitch, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Lightswitch

Lightswitch New Member

I've been getting tremors for the past 4 months or so. Usually feel them early in the morning (after waking up) or late at night, when I'm tired.

I get tremors in my chest and my hands and sometimes my legs. It was so strange when I first got them, b/c I thought the house I was in was shaking, but the other people in the house thought I was nuts, b/c they felt nothing. I kept feeling the shaking for weeks before I eventually felt my chest and realized it was my body that was shaking. It was so slight, I couldn't see it. I still can't SEE the tremors but I definitely feel them...

It's very strange.

I am also being tested/monitored for lymphoma and other things and trying to rule out sarcoidosis.

Can fibromyalgia be related to any of these?

I've had the pains from FM for most my life, but I've recently been having a whole lot of weird stuff show up. Like lymph node enlargement in the chest/abdomen. Infiltrates in the lung, possible macular degeneration in the eye... All within the past 6 months.

All very strange, considering I am only 26 years old, and in good physical shape.

I feel like I'm falling apart...

2. painintheeverywhere

painintheeverywhere New Member

Dear Lightswitch,

I do get muscle spasms quite frequently. They have actually gotten worse lately. I am not sure if this is the same thing that you reference, but for me, they can be very subtle to terribly painful anywhere throughout my body. I do take muscle relaxers although they do not really affect the muscle spasms as far as I can tell.

Your not crazy...... we have all felt that feeling because of all the doubters and disbelievers with this disease, but it's not us...or them...it's the "Invisible" disease.

Have a better day!

Jane
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

So sorry you are having so many health problems so young. I've never heard of tremors as being a symptom of FMS. That does not mean that you don't have it though. It would depend on your other symptoms. If you click on the Home tab above you will find more information on FMS.

By the way, my sister has Lupus and tremors were her first symptoms that something was wrong.

Lolalee
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I have had fm for 30+ yrs but just started having hand tremors on an occasional/regular basis 6 months ago.

My neurologist did notice them but didn't delve into it since it was my first visit.

I have also noticed them in my mouth/jaw and feet - really odd feeling.

It's so hard to tell what's fm and what isn't. I now have to have tarsal tunnel surgery and am also having bladder problems - good grief!

Take care and I certainly wish you weller!
    Susan

It does feel like we're falling apart - I think I'll go scrounge through the garage for nuts and bolts to see if I can put myself back together - lol!
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

Tuesday I was told mine was Parkinson Disease. My DH and I have been suspecting PD, so not a shock at all. With yrs. of CIDS/FIBRO and more....its just one more thing.

I have been on message boards and reading and making phone calls. I have been told that I should see a good neuroglist
    that handles PD. Plus PD is just trial and error. No clinical tests. Supposed to see how the meds do for me.

But.........there is always the possibility that it is something else, both for you and for me.

I am okay with whatever it is. The yrs. of CFIDS/FIBRO has toughen me! LOL.

Blessings.............Susan
  6. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

For example SSRI's (antidepressants)??

I was tried on one or two of these a while back and they gave me morning tremors.

Needless to say I stopped taking them when I made the connection - anyway they weren't helping my symptoms.

Hugs

Bunchy xxx
  7. Lightswitch

Lightswitch New Member

Actually, I'm not on ANY medication at all. (well, except birthcontrol, which I've been on for 8+ years.)

My docs don't seem to think the tremors are that bad, when they ask about them, their biggest concern is if they are painful and could I be having palpitations in my chest.

I assure them they are not painful and my heart does not feel like it's off beat.

Thanks for the kind words everyone...and your advice, I reeeeeally appreciate it.

It was weird when I was diagnosed with FM, I always thought I had some sort of RA or Arth. But, my blood tests always came back negative and my bones are healthy. My Rheumatologist said my symptoms are exactly like FM (minus the tremors, didn't have them when I saw him)... And HEAT being a relief for me, definitely made sense. He did the pressure point test and I was in agony on each point that he touched... I thought when people poked you it was supposed to hurt, but he said it wasn't, not like that.

HA...

I'm okay with these things happening to me, it is what it is, and I will deal with it as they come. I feel FM has helped me cope with pain easier...If that makes sense.

My tolerance for pain is pretty high. LOL I HATE pain, but I can handle it ;) -- (with the help of meds hehe)
  8. tobelct

tobelct Guest

Lightswitch,

I have had tremmors for years. But I always associated them to my hypothyroidism. It seems to happen when IM exhausted or in a flare.

It seems my body does this and facial ticks as a sign that im in trouble.

Also I used to go on thyroid chat rooms and they seem to have tremors as a conversational question alot.

So Im wondering if you have problems with your thyroid which is almost a guarantee according to my doctor if you have fibro.
    LCT