Trend to get folks off meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BonBons, Dec 11, 2002.

1. BonBons

BonBons New Member

A friend of mine savvy about health care told me that many docs are now taking patients off "mood-altering" meds because of pressure from the corporations which own them (the docs). Maybe you already knew that? Made perfect sense to me, now I know why my doc was so eager to get me off everything. I really don't want to take all this stuff anyway, but I was concerned at the abrupt stop of all of it. Breathe...BonBon
  2. BonBons

BonBons New Member

A friend of mine savvy about health care told me that many docs are now taking patients off "mood-altering" meds because of pressure from the corporations which own them (the docs). Maybe you already knew that? Made perfect sense to me, now I know why my doc was so eager to get me off everything. I really don't want to take all this stuff anyway, but I was concerned at the abrupt stop of all of it. Breathe...BonBon
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

When more docs and their employers are hit with lawsuits for under or non management of pain, and mood disorders, etc. they will wisen up.
    Karen
  4. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Bonbon,
    Im sharon d (UK) & i have Fibro,Ibs + Asthma,a few months ago my doc took me off anti-inflamms because of the risk of me getting an ulcer.
    I was soo glad because it was 1 less med to take but i was scared it happened so quickly & was worried about side effects,im still here to tell the tale!
    Best wishes & very gentle hugs
    sharon d(UK)
  5. toots2

toots2 New Member

The less meds the better and I have said this before. I refuse to take antiinflammatories as they do not work. I am off my estrogen and finally feeling good with no more hot flashes. I take two percoset a day along with trazadone for sleep which helps me so much. About the antidepressants, I totally agree. If you are feeling good stay on them. I'd be a mess without mine. I am fortunate enough not to have many of the symptoms some have here and realize medication is necessary. However, sometimes my dr. will suggest I might take something else. I graciously decline as I feel I do well with what I am on. Very little stress at this point in my life and a husband who would do anything to make me feel better is what keeps me going. The more I get up and get moving the better off I am but I do have my days when that is not possible. My best to everyone. Toots