Trevor1... just had a question for you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Staceymarie, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Staceymarie

Staceymarie New Member

Trevor,
    Just out of curiosity, did you have any immunizations before these symptoms occured?

I only ask because before I began college several years ago, I had to have several shots and my life has never been quite the same.

I know most colleges/universities require this. I didn't think anything of it until a day or two after receiving them. I went through 2 years of SEVERE brain fog (I don't remember how I got through college...or even passed) after I received my immunizations. I was tested for everything under the moon and nothing ever came up. I was so tired I could sleep for 20 hours straight and still felt like I was in a drug induced state all day, every day. I was not taking any medications at that time.

So I was just curious about that....

Stacey

Stacey
  2. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

I hadn't recieved my immunizations yet. I was suppose to recieive one for menenginits, however my symptoms started before any immunizations. I know how you feel though. Im struggling terribly in college right now and I feel bad becuase my parents paid for all of it and I should be doing great. But the fog is making it twice as hard. Do you still have the fog? Mine has been constant for 3 months now. It never seems to let up which scares me the most. I wish I could get one day of feeling completely here and normal. I to have been tested for everything under the moon. I tested positive for Epstien Barr, but that usually doesn't come with this bad of brain fog. I also feel like im in a drug induced state, only its the worst drug in the world. I hate getting out of bed, and to top it off I have trouble falling asleep, and then don't want to get up for the life of me. My symptoms started as a sudden onset around 3 months ago and I haven't been the same since.

But to answer your question once again, I had no immunizations before the symptoms :(. But please respond with your current situation. Im currently taking B-vitamins, Antioxidants, and DSF formula which is suppose to help the fog. Hasn't yet tho :(. You should look into the DSF or L-Carnitine they may help.

Take care,
    Trevor
  3. Staceymarie

Staceymarie New Member

Hello, sorry it has taken me a bit to get back to you. To this day, I have no idea what happened to me either. I was riding in a car with a friend and we were just chatting away when the brain fog came out of no where. It completely freaked me out. I immediately went to the E.R. and they said it could be allergies. LOL I went through the severe brain fog for about 2 years. No Dr. could explain it to me. A few months after the brain fog settled in, I started hurting all over (my joints and muscles). I was perplexed as I had always been very athletic (played volleyball, basketball, cheerleader for 8 years) and worked out at a gym. I honestly thought I had some type of disease that no one had ever heard of because all of my tests kept showing nothing was wrong.

Finally I went to see a Dr. who diagnosed me with FM and said I might have CFS as well. He gave me an anti-depressant (Paxil) and I have felt much better since then.

I was not going to take the antidepressant because I wasn't depressed and there is such a stigma attached to taking those, but I was at the point that I would try anything. Think...2 years of severe brain fog.

Around that time, I also started taking Acidophilus which is for yeast overgrowth (which can cause severe brain fog). The reason I started taking that is because I had my wisdom teeth removed a couple of weeks before all this came down on me and I had a really bad infection as well as a dry socket. So they had me take a few rounds of strong anti-biotics (which I now know can be a major source of yeast overgrowth). So I'm not sure which has helped me or if it just went away on its own. I've been taking Acidophilus for years now simply because once or twice a year I get sinus infections and they put me back on antibiotics. They're good to take if you drink beer, eat lots of bread or sweets...

That's pretty much all I take though. I have been feeling much better for the past few years although I'm still tired quiet a bit. Keep us imformed if you find anything out. I'd really like to know.

Stacey
  4. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

I understand you on the came out of nowhere. I was having a great time on vacation when suddenly I felt like I had the flu, and the fog has been there since. That was 3 months ago. Anyway, I haven't had the pain in my joints and muscles yet. I mean I have slight pains but I think that is mainly because of the fatiuge. I think if I had the pain of FM I would know by know. Hopefully im not progressing towards that. It seems antidepressants are prescribed alot, I don't want to try one yet because I to believe I am not depressed. Even though I have stumped 3 doctors now, im still searching for more until the depressants. But if all else fails ill give them a try to see if they help out at all. The acideophilus sounds like a good idea to. I try to avoid sweets and bread, but im not doing the best at that. So that could make a difference in the severitiy of my fog. Ill get back to you after the allergy testing and what not I have planned to do soon.

Take care,
    Trevor