Trials

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by puddin827, May 10, 2006.

1. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

Has anyone here ever participated in any Clinical trials for FM or CFS ?
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

puddin27:

I am participating in the 'Yes I Can' trial of a relaxation program for people with FM or Arthritis. It is being done from the University of North Carolina. I forgot who posted about it. Are you there? Anyway, I did the preliminary paper work and it should start in two months. It is closed right now for new people. I took to the study right away when I saw all of the references using the word FM. So-I'll report how it goes.

nyrofan
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

But I'm open to anything that might help find a cure for these DDs.

What about you?

God Bless.
  4. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

I did one last yr. It lasted a year. The med. was Pregabalin, didn't really think it helped that much until the trial was over ! Been off of it since March 06 and I feel now that it did help because of the way I feel now. I am enrolled in another one to start in June. The med. is Desvenlafaxine. . They are going to see how it does for pain in FM. I am in Missouri. You can go to clinicaltrials.gov I think it is and check to see what they have going on in other states. The doc that does the trials I am in is the same Rheumy I used to go to when I had insurance. This trial pays $850 for 8 mths. The one before that was $350 for 1 yr. When I get more info on the drug I will post.