Triclosan cause resistance to Antibiotics

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Dec 9, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I just read the online newspaper from back home (Sweden) that Norway is banning Triclosan found in tooth pastes like Colgate Total among others.

Since we have poor immune health it may be a good idea to avoid what we can. I just thought I post this info in case someone is interested. I will have to go to the bathroom and check the children's pastes.

HUGS!
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Is also in the antibiotic liquid hand soaps and dish detergents. Trying to find out what's in the Antibacterial Q-Tips.
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Fight- I don't know how much is needed to possibly cause this. Maybe having it on your gums is enough? I haven't checked into it that intensely, just found the report intersting and worth mentioning!

Speaking about eating toothpaste- my daughter swallows it instead of spitting,,,LOL! But she is 2, not easy to figure those things that young!

Elliespad- I bet that's right.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/09/2006]
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I have heard this also. I don't use anti-bacterial hand soaps anymore. I think the idea is that if you use it all the time, your body builds up a resistance to it. I heard those soaps were especially bad for children. Has anyone else heard this?
    Kim :)